D&D 5E New Unearthed Arcana: Folk of the Feywild!

Wander into the magical realm of the Feywild with our latest Unearthed Arcana: Folk of the Feywild! Your character can be a member of one of the new D&D races: fairy, hobgoblin of the Feywild, owlfolk, or rabbitfolk. Which will you choose? Playtest now: https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthedarcana/folk_feywild

Wander into the magical realm of the Feywild with our latest Unearthed Arcana: Folk of the Feywild!

Your character can be a member of one of the new D&D races: fairy, hobgoblin of the Feywild, owlfolk, or rabbitfolk. Which will you choose?

Playtest now:

45029A1A-E1B6-4BBD-93DB-33A363112735.jpeg

Weiley31

Legend
I was hoping for Eldraine, but I will definitely take Strixhaven.
When it comes to another MtG crossover settings book, this is my exact same thought as well. I'll take either or! Even both if it meant that one becomes a book and another just ends up being a revived 2021 Planeshift series of articles.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
When it comes to another MtG crossover settings book, this is my exact same thought as well. I'll take either or! Even both if it meant that one becomes a book and another just ends up being a revived 2021 Planeshift series of articles.
Planeshift doesn't seem to be something they are doing moving forwards?

It'd be a lot easier to just give them a non-magical version of the Jump spell.

The jumping rules are a bit of a mess at the best of times, and the Jump spells only really makes them worse. I think the intent here is to effectively add an unpredictable amount of speed to rabbitfolk PCs, with the additional flavour of that speed being jumping distance - while engaging as little as possible with the messy jumping rules. But the d12 just introduces more messiness, in my opinion. Not sure what a neat alternative is though - extra distance of d2 x 5ft or d3 x 5ft seems obvious, but 5e doesn't like anything smaller than d4s very much, and d4 x 5ft makes this the fastest PC race i can immediately think of, and not by a small margin.

Remove ads

Remove ads