D&D 5E New Unearthed Arcana Today: Giant Themed Class Options and Feats

A new Unearthed Arcana dropped today, focusing on giant-themed player options. "In today’s Unearthed Arcana, we explore character options related to the magic and majesty of giants. This playtest document presents the Path of the Giant barbarian subclass, the Circle of the Primeval druid subclass, the Runecrafter wizard subclass, and a collection of new feats, all for use in Dungeons &...

A new Unearthed Arcana dropped today, focusing on giant-themed player options. "In today’s Unearthed Arcana, we explore character options related to the magic and majesty of giants. This playtest document presents the Path of the Giant barbarian subclass, the Circle of the Primeval druid subclass, the Runecrafter wizard subclass, and a collection of new feats, all for use in Dungeons & Dragons."

New Class options:
  • Barbarian: Path of the Giant
  • Druid: Circle of the Primeval
  • Wizard: Runecrafter Tradition
New Feats:
  • Elemental Touched
  • Ember of the Fire Giant
  • Fury of the Frost Giant
  • Guile of the Cloud Giant
  • Keeness of the Stone Giant
  • Outsized Might
  • Rune Carver Apprentice
  • Rune Carvwr Adept
  • Soul of the Storm Giant
  • Vigor of the Hill Giant
WotC's Jeremy Crawford talks Barbarian Path of the Giant here:

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I wonder about to use certaing prehistoric gliding lizards as wizards' familiars:

070319_lizard_vmed.jpg

View attachment 249935

Kuehneosuchus_BW.jpg

800wm
Yes, absolutely. Do this. Any DM can add these to their world it's easy

Weiley31

Legend
I mean in thst a flying option isn't on the table, there's just one stst block thst can be fluffed however one wants, but has no different abilities beyond what's specified.
I don't know, I could totally fluff my Velociraptor dino mount to have Chainsaws for arms, but some fool is gonna say it can't cut wood with em despite being chainsaw jazz hands.

D&D Beyond stats are 48% rill, and about a quarter each use the Array or Point buy. That's barely a technical majority, but is also a plurality for rolling between the three methods.
This is not correct.

DNDBeyond is only able to distinguish between three methods of character creation.

1) Fixed Array.

2) 27-point Point Buy. (unless they changed this recently - it was much-requested, but they usually ignore requests.)

3) Manual Input.

So there's no possibility that you have figures showing 48% of people rolled their characters. I assume I don't have to explain why, but correct me if I do. I'm presuming what you have is figures showing 48% used Manual Input of stats?

Equally, there is no possibility that 100% of the 48% rolled. It's trivially obvious that that percentage is lower. For example, in our Odyssey of the Dragonlords group on Beyond, the DM had us use a slightly higher point-buy (I forget what, 32 maybe?), after much weeping and crying from one player (not me!). So we had to calculate stats outside the app and then use Manual Input. In our Eberron game, we used Fixed Array but two players, me being one of them, got permission to use a different array of about the same total value. Again we had to use Manual Input (though maybe we could have used Point Buy? We didn't think to do that though). That's just two out of the four groups I play with/run.

Remove ads

Remove ads