D&D 5E New Vecna Battle (Let's Get Ready to RUMBLE!!!) - CONCLUDED

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
I think we should stick with 4, which I believe is still the default party assumption for CR calculations (I believe).
I think the default is 4-5 actually, but I could be mistaken.

Unless Vecna gets some help.
Since this is his lair, I think it might up his CR. IIRC a normal Lich increases from CR 21 to CR 22 while in his lair.

I think @DND_Reborn is testing to see if he can make a "true to actual play" encounter with Vecna work. I know I would like to see how it works. I have 5 players, more often than 4.
Yes, I am putting a LOT of thought/work into this to run it as an encounter and not just a fight.

In that spirit, I will be including descriptions of what PCs experience as if narrating this to live players and I will ask for each player's choice of what their PC is doing, etc. until Initiative is actually rolled.

Players will also have the chance announce preparations (like pre-cast spells, etc.).

I think the default is 4-5 actually, but I could be mistaken.

Since this is his lair, I think it might up his CR. IIRC a normal Lich increases from CR 21 to CR 22 while in his lair.
Default is just four. An extra party member can make a huge difference. And it depends on the lair and what it does.

I think if you want to let more people participate like 5 or 6. Then Vecna should have an ally. An easy story reason is that he has summoned and bound a powerful entity as backup.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
@FitzTheRuke playing a rogue, Pyre (D&D Beyond Character Sheet)
@Stalker0 has Ezabard the Stormforged Evoker Wizard (D&D Beyond Character Sheet)
@DragonBelow offers a Favored Soul Air Genasi Sorcerer
@sleepyInsomniac with a paladin
@Sulicius with a "straight up" hexlock.
I think I should tap out then, I am a bit too busy to keep up, I am afraid.
Sorry to hear, but thanks for letting us know.

So, @DragonBelow and @sleepyInsomniac I need to see your PCs, the sorcerer and paladin.

@Stalker0 with a sorcerer and paladin and rogue in the party, do you want to play your Wizard or Fighter now?

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Can you post the roll20 link?
Once I have everything ready I will. Probably later tonight. I want to get the other PC and have everything set up before I post the link.

Ok, so I see you went with Divine Soul subclass and choose a Staff of Power as your one magic item instead of three items?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads