D&D 5E NewbieDM Posts Avernus Previews

NewbieDM on Twitter has received an early copy of Descent Into Avernus from WotC, and has been busy posting photos of the book. Lot of images of the interior. I've posted a handful below, but check his Twitter stream at the link for many, many more.
NewbieDM on Twitter has received an early copy of Descent Into Avernus from WotC, and has been busy posting photos of the book. Lot of images of the interior. I've posted a handful below, but check his Twitter stream at the link for many, many more.

EDt8zqRXkAQdOJ0.jpg

EDt_TIcW4AA10jA.jpg

EDuNaOaWsAMmVWL.jpg

EDuaqc5XkAEGH8C.jpg

EDuquBPXkAEE13S.jpg

EDurX_EXkAEGYHL.jpg

Partial fix: In the Monster Manual section of Dragons, page 86 provides a variant with Dragons as innate spellcasters. Applying the rules in the sidebar to Tiamat would give her 9 spells per day of up to 9th level, each usable once per day with no material components, her bonus to hit with those spells would be a +18, and her spell save DC would be 26. (This is in addition to the one spell, Divine Word, that she gets to cast 3/day already per her stat block.) And yes, technically Tiamat is of the Fiend type, not Dragon... but c'mon.
How do you feel about Wizards spoiling the top layer of your abode?

gyor

Legend
Partial fix: In the Monster Manual section of Dragons, page 86 provides a variant with Dragons as innate spellcasters. Applying the rules in the sidebar to Tiamat would give her 9 spells per day of up to 9th level, each usable once per day with no material components, her bonus to hit with those spells would be a +18, and her spell save DC would be 26. (This is in addition to the one spell, Divine Word, that she gets to cast 3/day already per her stat block.) And yes, technically Tiamat is of the Fiend type, not Dragon... but c'mon.

This should have been innate to the stat block, but a good fix none the less.

DWChancellor

Kobold Enthusiast
I don't know anything about Diablo (or III), but that story has been around a lot longer than video games ;)

A rather old story. Diablo is all about (like Avernus and many many past stories) corruption and temptation.

Diablo 1 sees a town corrupted as evil contained beneath its church spreads (and worse). Diablo 2 sees the results of corruption as the Hero of Diablo 1 succumbs and becomes the evil he/she fought. Etc... Part of the theme being that evil can only be contained (temporarily), not defeated.

Mercador

Adventurer
I wasn't speaking of the theme, I know that Dante Inferno is a common trope. I was speaking of the art, the 6 mosaic of Tamriel (sorry, Zariel), when you choose the difficulty level in Diablo III, it's the same art pattern.

diablo-3-game-difficulties-header.jpg

Remove ads

Remove ads