No Longer an Interest Check - 5E Rise of Tiamat + Corebooks PBP - OOC

Env, please create a Rogue's Gallery thread so we can collect all the PC character sheets in one place. Trying to find characters is a pain without such a thread. Just call it "Rise of Tiamat [RG]" in the talking the talk forum.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
@Envisioner Sure, I've got a character concept I've been wanting to play for a while and games never seem to get off the ground with him. Just think Mountain dwarf wizard with armor and weapons. Was there something somewhere about core books only? I would like to at least be able to take Booming Blade, if that's acceptable.

In the meantime, I'm off to look for the campaign guidelines.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
I can work with that if need be. Technically Mornok will be able to wield his hammer in one hand and carry a focus in the other. Booming Blade would still be nice if allowed though it would basically make up for not having an extra attack as a fighter would. If not, I can work around the lack of it still.

Envisioner

Explorer
Change of plans. GK and anybody else who shows up, please start by creating a level 1 character. I've got my hands on Hoard of the Dragon Queen right now, and I really want to run at least part of it, either as a prequel or a side story. (Really, it was false advertising on Wotco's part to claim that RoT can be run without HotDQ; the former doesn't even give you a map of Forgotten Realms geography, and only the fact that I have the 3E FR Campaign Setting made it even vaguely possible for me to play the thing without transplanting it to a homebrew setting.) The five existing characters will continue to play at level 6, either in the future or in a parallel universe; this actually aligns them better with the later part of HotDQ than it does with the beginning of RoT, and meanwhile the newer characters will level up fast and be caught up before long, at which point the groups can begin trading members and spread out across the more expansive RoT scenario.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I heard you were looking for more players. Here I am. :)

So a level 1 character for HotDQ coming up! I was thinking of Eldritch Knight, but that subclass doesn't happen until level 3. So let me think about that for a moment.

But first! Rolling for stats.

Tiamat char gen: 4D6.HIGH(3) = [3, 4, 1, 4] = 11
4D6.HIGH(3) = [5, 1, 6, 6] = 17
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 5, 4, 3] = 12
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 1, 4, 6] = 11
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 4, 3, 1] = 8
4D6.HIGH(3) = [5, 6, 4, 5] = 16

Nice! 17, 16, 12, 11, 11, 8.

Edit: So I'm thinking a dwarven cleric. That works.

Envisioner

Explorer
We do already have an Eldritch Knight; we also have a cleric, but he's not a dwarf, so if you pick a different Domain than him, you're probably cool. Admittedly, both of these characters are in the level 6 part of this dual-joint campaign, but the hope is that the two groups may merge eventually, when they've respectively gained about 4 and 8 levels so that they're now both in the same general range.

Remove ads