No Longer an Interest Check - 5E Rise of Tiamat + Corebooks PBP - OOC

I still have no idea how this would work on a post by post. Are we using this site? A different one? How are dice rolls calculated?Also, are we allowing multi-classing?

There are three threads, generally. The In Character (IC) thread. The Out of Character (ooc) thread, aka this thread. And the Rogue's Gallery (RG) thread also in the Talking the Talk forum. Once our characters are approved we post them to the RG thread and that becomes the "official character sheet".

Then the DM creates the IC thread (in the play by post forum) and posts stuff like "You're in the town of Dullsville. Post how you got there and why. There's only one tavern in town. It's run by a dwarf named Fred."

Then the players posts as needed to describe themselves arriving in town. Meeting Fred. Etc. The DM posts some reaction stuff. and so on and so on. Eventually the players move out into the wild and encounter some orcs. We roll for initiative and the DM says, "So and so is up." So and so's player posts what so and so does on round 1 including any die rolls. Then the next players posts (sometimes post are out of order, not important.)

Eventually the DM posts a recap of everything that happened in the round and resolves all those die rolls. And then round 2 etc.

Die rolls use a public die rolling website. Some people like Coyote Code - Play by Post others like Dice Roller • Orokos.com because you have to login to use it. The die rolling site gives you bbcode you can just paste here into your posts, such as this:
Perception: 1D20+8 = [12]+8 = 20

Code:
[url=http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=234597]Perception: 1D20+8 = [12]+8 = 20[/url]

Go to the play by post forum and skim/read the first page of an existing game. It will become apparent how this works rather quickly.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
There are one or two things I'd like to know before committing to taking a space.
How often would you want us to post? PbP can really slow down, yet there are times (like work) in which people can get really busy and be unable to check in for a number of hours.

I haven't tried playing a cleric in 5e yet. Somehow I think playing a life domain cleric might help keep the barbarian alive...

There are one or two things I'd like to know before committing to taking a space.
How often would you want us to post? PbP can really slow down, yet there are times (like work) in which people can get really busy and be unable to check in for a number of hours.

I haven't tried playing a cleric in 5e yet. Somehow I think playing a life domain cleric might help keep the barbarian alive...

Yeah. I was noticing the sorcerer is much more of an attacker than a healer. I can blast things, but patching them together again afterward? Not so much.

tglassy

Adventurer
I'm feeling a...Druid. I've never played a Druid before. But I can't do just "I love Trees". I'd want to be more of someone with power over the elements. I don't know if I should choose one or two elements, or if I should go all four, though. Also, I'm not sure if I would want to go Land or Moon, yet. I'm leaning for Land...but being able to tank as a bear would be awesome.

Not sure about the race. Normally I'd go with a Genasi of some kind, and focus more on the element in question, but we're doing PHB only, and I can respect that. I'll probably wind up going with Variant Human, but I'll think about it.

Remove ads