D&D 5E No update to Basic today?

Not too closely. I know he has been doing excellent work, but most of what I needed so for I had already converted and used. I am good through chapter 2 of the AP. I will reevaluate conversion methods after I have had a chance to absorb the monster update this weekend.
Yeah, it's more theoretical than practical at the current stage in his series, though I'm sure once he's finished he'll hand us a complete and detailed "how to make monsters" guide, possibly well before WotC publishes such a thing.

I'm really interested to see how he reverse-engineers the monsters. I'm decent with numbers, but this guy is crunching data at a level well above what I'm familiar with. Looks like he must put a hell of a lot of work into it, too. All in all, I find it pretty fascinating and useful!

Steely Dan

Banned
Banned
No joke. I have been, like, "Monsters, monsters, monsters, monsters, monsters!" in my head for months now.

I have been like that for a couple years now, I have been a monster converting maniac, I really hope today's update is monster's, I can wait for magic times and DM's advice.

I wonder if @surfarcher has seen the monster stats in the back of the PHB yet.
I wonder if it angers Him when we keep calling him into our world this way. lol

Also, my guess is he has. He seems to have spies/thralls/minions in tactical locations throughout the world. He had the monster appendix from HotDQ weeks ago! (Well, at least one week ago.)

Tormyr

Hero
Apparently the 5B update will be next week. Although the HotDQ online supplement has some great stuff in it. Several creatures and magic items specifically called for in the current chapter of Age of Worms that we are finishing and the next one.

Sir Brennen

Legend
Apparently the 5B update will be next week. Although the HotDQ online supplement has some great stuff in it. Several creatures and magic items specifically called for in the current chapter of Age of Worms that we are finishing and the next one.
The 5B may still not have you completely covered. I certainly expect it to only contain a, umm, basic list of monsters and magic items; just a portion of what's in the actual MM and DMG. Monsters you can probably wing based on some of the conversion guides popping up, and magic items you may have to take a best guess extrapolating from what we have with the 5B doc, and then ret-conn them when the DMG comes out. If they duplicate spell effects, then the PHB will probably help a lot 'til then.

Remove ads