Nocturne of Sorrow, Orsal J

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Same as you--I playtested against your characters. Of course, I tend to have more coordinated tactics since I'm one person. The dwarves pretty much always went comatose, but that's what happens when you min-max away from Charisma with a Charisma penalty against Cha drainers, I guess.)

*The creatures continue to drain skin from Valan and Dorrin. Valan is pinned, Dorrin is knocked unconscious.*

(OOC: Dorrin loses 2 Charisma and takes 2 Damage, so he's dying, Valan loses 3. Not enough to spawn a new kite though

Everybody's turn)

ethandrul

First Post
you know, having no skin is really over rated. I think you should all try it. REALLY I do.
I just want to add a little "I told you so" because if we had flown high we could've still seen the lights of the monestary and most of us wouldn't be sitting here acting like difficult terrain.

Bison

First Post
OOC - you know, shooting at Dorrins mount might not be the best course of action now. for one thing, we need to kill these things before too many spawn or we all die, plus, Dorrin is already at -2 HP, so if he falls, he is greatly increasing his chances for death

thegreyman

First Post
HP -3 of 14, AC ?, -8 Cha

More of Dorrin's blood leaks out and falls to the ground...

ooc:Stabilize range 21-30 (1d100=19) Urk!! Invisible Castle kicks me in the pants! :confused:

ooc: Then again, these things fly too, so who's saying there isn't more of them up high? Maybe only the weak ones live down here since the REALLY big nasties live up there. At least if your horse dies here, you have a chance at life...

And really, if they don't get me down soon, I just die anyways since another kite will spawn and eat someone else... Might as well try to kill it now. It's all about playing the odds right? :D

Last edited:

jaker2003

Explorer
Bison said:
OOC - you know, shooting at Dorrins mount might not be the best course of action now. for one thing, we need to kill these things before too many spawn or we all die, plus, Dorrin is already at -2 HP, so if he falls, he is greatly increasing his chances for death
OOC: Dorrin's bleeding to death and can't cast any of his own spells or direct his mount to the other clerics. That means we gotta kill the mount to bring him down. He'll take falling damage, so the sooner the bettter, hoping he's got enough HP to survive the fall (I'm sorry, the sudden stop).
I have two orisons left and am not currently grappled. A cure minor wounds spell won't wake him up, but will stabilize him.
Edit: I think Quozen's fist pushes Kite A to 25 damage, is it destroyed yet?

IC: Jace yells at Gloria, "Unless you can heal Dorrin when that thing rips off of him, we need to get him down soon!" So, unless she's a Bard with a spell slot whith Dorrin's name on it, I'd like her to shoot the mount.

OOC: So, we're waiting on Valan?

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: On average, the 20 foot fall will kill him, so I wouldn't if I were you. Gloria isn't carrying very much, so after the battle if she drops some of his gear, particularly his armour, she may be able to load him as cargo on her own horse and still be under the 140ish pound limit. Ideally Gloria would stabilise him before that with untrained Heal checks, well if you guys win, that is. And I think everyone will agree that her upcoming action was a better choice, considering that it's going to prevent there from being four kites.

Anyway, to speed things up, since Valan needs a Grapple check to do most anything anyway, I'll just roll it and if he fails, we can keep going...And he failed ;))

*Quozen nearly destroys the kite on Valan. Gloria takes a chance and takes a shot at the Valan/kite meld, hoping for better luck than Jace. Grendath is on the party's side this time, perhaps peeved that two of his clerics are currently having their skin removed, and she manages to pierce the kite's rotting flesh through the centre, as its necrotic transfer ceases. However, unlike the other kites that the group destroyed while they were no longer attached, this one remains melded with Valan, so he has a massive weight of rotting flesh melded into his body and weighing him down--removing it is going to be painful. However, at least he can move.*

(OOC: I'm going to say he counts as essentially dragging the kite along with him and so moves as if heavily encumbered. No grapple necessary though, of course, though if he takes a full round to rip it off, he can remove it with some damage to himself)

*Meanwhile, the very last kite sucks away enough of Dorrin's delicious skin and essence to spawn another, and so there are two kites once more, both badly damaged.*

(OOC: Dorrin loses 4 Charisma. There are now two kites, both with 16 Damage and both unmelded at the moment)

Remove ads