• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nocturne of Sorrow, Orsal J

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Dorrin and Quozen together manage to dig out a little space with which they could probably reach inside Jace's entombment and grab the wand if they tried hard enough. One round after Jace lit the flame, the fire finally goes out, but not before burning the undead's rotting flesh a bit more.*

*Meanwhile, Gloria somehow keeps up a ridiculous streak of luck and shoots another bolt into the creature.*

(OOC: Second consecutive Natural 20. 8 more Damage from bolt and lingering fire damage, total 25.

As a side note, and this person knows who they are, I can tell by the wording of one of your posts that somebody was paging through the book containing these monsters and reading the mechanics (not just the name) in detail, and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed :()

*The dirt-caked zombie, clearing showing signs of wear and tear from all of the successful attacks, decides that enough is enough when it comes to Gloria and her silver bolts. It withdraws from the dwarves, giving them both an opening to attack, and though Droggle misses, he sets up Hasin for a successful strike. The creature is unable to make it around far enough to flank Gloria, and so she just barely manages to dodge its powerful blow.*

(OOC: Dorrin and the Dwarves)

thegreyman

First Post
Dorrin grabs the wand from Jace, and pokes him with it quickly, ensuring that he doesn't bleed out. Making sure his face is clear if he doesn't begin moving, Dorrin looks around for where he dropped his shield.

ooc: CLW wand adjusted for Neg Energy (1d8=2)
[sblock=RA]If it was me you meant, I'm sorry. I literally just used the critter in RL before we ran into it. The mechanics are fresh in my mind, but I've tried playing dumb. I'll try harder.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Droggle hits again, as Dorrin stabilises Jace, then the incorporeal fiend moves to flank with its ally and touches Gloria and invades her spirit with a bit of the grave's chill.*

(OOC: Total Damage is now 29 to the earthen corpse creature.

Gloria takes 3 Damage.

Quozen and Gloria now)

[SBLOCK=@thegreyman]Ah, that explains it. It's cool. What gave you away is that you figured out that you had to grapple the ground. People who hadn't just read the description would never have assumed that (at least including me off of memory when I remembered this guy).[/SBLOCK]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"Got the wand, Dorrin? Good. Gloria! I'm coming!"

Quozen runs at top speed, watching the incoroporeal fiend and the earthen monstrosity close on Gloria. Knock them out of the way... but how?

Shifting the siangham to his off hand, Quozen reaches back mid-run and draws his rapier, leaps, twists, and thrusts it at the corpse.

(Charge, draw rapier with move, attack with rapier. Declare Dodge against corpse. AC 16 -2 charge +1 dodge = 15)

1d20+5=25, 1d6+1=5

(Gorgeous and useless.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Gloria looks quite distraught when Quozen's thrust directly at what should have been the creature's heart is summarily ignored.*

"I was saving this for the ghost because force attacks are effective on them, but..." Gloria says quietly, still a bit shaken from her brush with the touch of death, as she concentrates defensively and launches two force darts at the powerful and resilient zombified menace.

*As the force attacks blow away chunks of its energised earthen components, The creature is badly battered. Though the negative energy suffusing it allows it to continue its terrifying assault, it looks like a dwarven tag team followed by a wand stab from Dorrin might be able to bring it down once and for all, at least if the attack was fully successful. Afraid that Gloria might have another trick up her sleeve, the earth creature pounds her into a shallow grave. Staggered and on the edge of unconsciousness anyway, Gloria might be safer down there for the moment anyway.*

(OOC: That's 8 more Damage to the critter, total 37.

Gloria is exactly at 0 and also buried.

Dorrin and the Dwarves!)

Remove ads