Nocturne of Sorrow, Orsal J

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The undead drains away more of Gloria's force of personality and thens moves off, spawning another kite. Gloria immediately moves to Dorrin and rips his clothes in order to bandage his bleeding wounds. She manages to stabilise him.*

(OOC: Two unmelded enemies, both with 22 damage. Since the next actions for Jace and Quozen are obvious, I'll roll them to fast-forward. And woot! Natural 20 for Jace. That's one undead down)

*Jace nails one of the two undead right between the bones, impaling it on the bolt as both fall to the ground, motionless. Quozen tosses 2 shuriken at the creature, only one of which hits.*

(OOC: Jace kills one of them, Quozen hits for 3 Damage)

*The last remaining undead flees. Gloria shoots it to death with her crossbow.*

(OOC: Fin! Everyone gets 300 XP

We are left with Jace, Valan, Quozen on the ground, Gloria conscious and mounted, Dorrin in negative HP and mounted, dwarves in Cha-loss comas and mounted)

jaker2003

Explorer
Jace calls up to Gloria, "If you can bring Dorrin down, Valan and I can heal your wounds!
Unless you think you can fly one of us up there!
"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"He has really heavy armour on...do you think he would mind if I dropped his armour twenty feet to the ground?...I feel bad because I already ripped his clothes...Do you think Valan could take off his armour and I can bring Valan up? But..."

"Dorrin is a heavy man. Even with no equipment, actually, I don't think the mount could handle him or Valan. With Valan it might be closer, but it's supposed to hold not much more than 100 pounds over the rider's own weight, right? I don't think that it is feasible. Those horses...are going to run out of duration soon anyway, aren't they? I think we might as well have me push Dorrin and the others off. I don't feel safe going on ahead while the duration lasts, lest I be attacked again alone."

"Hmmm....we could...how about...okay, what if I positioned myself just below Dorrin a bit less than ten feet, and you destroy the horse. Then he falls less than ten feet but I catch him, and then I have to immediately drop him because he overburdens the horse, but that should slow down his fall, and then someone down there heals him at the last stretch?"

jaker2003

Explorer
"If Valan can cure Dorrin as he falls, it may work." Jace pulls out his bedroll and winter blanket, spreading them on the ground below Dorrin.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Let's go for it!)

*Gloria sets up below, and everyone destroys the horse, allowing her to catch him temporarily and then drop him for Valan. In the end, Dorrin is neither healed nor injured further.*

(OOC: Damage totalled out to exactly equal to the healing)

"Will the dwarves be okay if we just drop them? They're way too heavy for me to try to temporarily catch."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*They knock the dwarves to the ground.*

(OOC: Hasin takes 8 Damage and Droggle takes 5)

"We should find cover or something and find a safe place to sleep."

Remove ads