Nocturnum OoC I

Insight

Adventurer
I might be interested in this game. I've got a copy of CoC D20 lying around, and I've never had a chance to use it.

Would a kid concept be OK? If not, I'm sure I can come up with something else.

Majin

First Post
It might be difficult to justify stat-wise and storywise... I would say, make up another character concept for the moment, and run with it unless someone else in the thread lets you know that they wouldn't mind taking on as the child's "guardian" of some sorts during play.

Majin

First Post
Ex-military may be good Phyrrus, we need a "tough" in the group to help take a hit or two in order for the party to get the hell out of there once in awhile. I'm not sure if you'd be suited for the agent type I have in mind. I'd really like to have a an FBI agent with a "Mulder-like" bent to him, from the X-files. It would serve as an excuse for the agent to stick around and enlist the help of the others if he has a deep interest in the paranormal to begin with, and will help make things flow better later on, for story purposes I can't yet divulge. If any of you that hasn't committed yourself to a concept yet thinks they can pull this off convincingly, go for it and you're in for sure. Until then, we will keep on looking. :cool:

Btw, talk of the May 8th backup going in is a possibility last I heard, and if they do successfully restore it, this thread will disappear when that happens. Not to worry though, look for a similar one from me if that does happen. I will try to get it up asap if so.

Insight

Adventurer
Majin said:
It might be difficult to justify stat-wise and storywise... I would say, make up another character concept for the moment, and run with it unless someone else in the thread lets you know that they wouldn't mind taking on as the child's "guardian" of some sorts during play.

Not knowing the campaign at all, would there be any cause for the group accepting a kid with the ability to sense the paranormal? If a "kid" won't work, due to stat reasons or whatnot, I could make him a teenager (say late teens, 16+) so he could have normal stats. I'll read thru the character section of the book to see if there's any way to make that happen.

Another related idea I have kicking around is that he's a kid/teenager, but inhabited with the spirit of a much older person. If this sparks any interest, I can elaborate.

Dhes

Explorer
Phyrrus, if you want to be some kind of FBI agent and want to shadow someone. Maybe you should shadow me (well my character) as of now it seems I’m the only “criminal” in the party. I’ll talk it over with majin and see if he can fit it into the story some way; I’ll try and get my character concept out a.s.a.p. so you can look it over.
My character will be called Dunstand Tybalt, some people me know him from my Lamentation game, the character is the same just different setting.

Velmont

First Post
A CoC games... as I told you Majin, I don't have the book yet. Maybe I'll have it this week-end, so I would be able to take a look and take up a concept with it. Most likely, I'll do a concept that is most clueless about the things that happen, to represent my own ignorance about the system and the background (should be easier to play than a know-it-all).

Maybe I could do an archer who is not too much talkative and like to push foward Dunstand into the comings traps... oops, wrong game here ;)

Majin

First Post
Welcome Velmont.

Insight - If you'd like to play a teenager that would make it easier on the rules and that could be allowed. Perhaps if we get Agent type, he could be keeping an eye on the kid who he expects is psychic or some such scenario. That would actually work out quite well, even if your character was just "sensitive".

Just so other readers may know, I'm still looking for more people to come and throw in concepts. If we get more than 6 people any that are not picked initially will be added to a replacement list. :)

Last edited:

Majin

First Post
If you would prefer, that would be acceptable. Would you living near their headquarters, in Arlington, Virginia? That is, if by DEA you mean the Drug Enforcement Agency.

Remove ads