• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Now that you have Eberron - will you run it?

Do you intend to run an Eberron campaign?

• I do not have the book and/or do not have any desire to run an Eberron campaign

Votes: 44 31.0%
  • I have the book, but I hated it, and will not run an Eberron campaign

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • I have the book, like it, will mine it for ideas, and continue to run my homebrew

Votes: 24 16.9%
  • I have the book, like it, but none of my players are interested in it

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I have the book, like it, my players like it, our next campaign might be set in Eberron

Votes: 55 38.7%
  • My group is already running an Eberron campaign!

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don't really know what I'm doing here. What did you say D&D was, again?

Votes: 2 1.4%

Olive

Explorer
I haven't bought it, but I intend to. But I have no intention to run a campaign there. I'll run a greyhawk campaign if I intend to run a non-homebrew...

I have my book. Have been reading it for the last 5 days. NIce and slow so as not to miss anything. I will definately run this setting. I enjoy the themes that they have used in this book. I particularly enjoy the parallels drawn up by members of this sight connecting Eberron to post WWI europe. I have enjoyed what I have read and my players are buying the book so that the games we run will be set there.

Henry

Autoexreginated
I bought it, I am currently reading it, and I am liking what I read. It's definitely a breath of fresh air, and a worthwhile campaign setting.

However, it has three strikes against it currently:

1. My other DM in the group is currently running a game, and we are enjoying it immensely.

2. Even if he wants to take a break, I would be more interesting in continuing our Forgotten Realms game on hiatus than I would creating an Eberron game. It was definitely going into interesting directions before we took a break.

3. Even if I dropped the FR game, Eberron has to mind-share with a half-dozen other fascinating campaigns that I have swirling in my head to run - Diamond Throne, Dark Sun, Spycraft, Mutants and Masterminds, Feng Shui, etc.

Therefore, it could be next YEAR before an Eberron game gets off the ground for me.

Kid Socrates

First Post
I don't have a group (not really -- girlfriend's getting interested in gaming, but starting her off easy in a not-fantasy setting), but I am working on an Eberron adventure of some sort. I just need to find a group.

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
I really like both the artificer and the living spell creature (which, IMC, will be a construct). These will both be used in other games (FR and Dawnforge). I think I would like to run an Eberron campaign one day but I'll wait until I have more products to choose from.

One thing I would have liked to have seen with the new cosmology was a better explanation for why the three types of fiends are the way they are. I would still love to know the design rationale behind tanar'ri being immune to electricity and yugoloths to acid (and why they have their respective alignment tendencies) and I think the explanation could have been included in the cosmology write-up to make it more flavoursome (as it is something that has never been addressed in any [A]D&D product to date).

nopantsyet

First Post
I'm undecided between mining it for my underdeveloped homebrew. By underdeveloped I mean I have one very small continent well-defined and the rest of the globe is blank.

So I'm contemplating dropping said continent in one of Eberron's oceans and run with it. It's getting harder and harder to put the time into homebrewing--my recent games have tended to be better when I have focused on the plots and NPCs as opposed to worldbuilding.

James Heard

Explorer
Ok, I've had Eberron for a few days now and I've been pouring over it. I have to say there are a lot of things I really like about it and few crucial things I find just....limp.

I've already been working on a map for 'new' Eberron that would use the best ideas of the setting and putting them in the places that I think they belong and kicking out the couple of things I found really annoying. I think that the cartography, to be fair, was the least inspiring bit so I'm thinking I'll be fixing a huge part of the problem right there.

Of course Eberron has a LOT in common with some of the variations of my homebrews over the year, I won't be doing an awful lot of thinking outside the box - just pushing things around so they fit my idea of a box already.

cdsaint

First Post
I had no interest in Eberron. All the pre-release hype was falling on deaf if not hostile ears so far as I was concerned. I heard that Eberron was going to have firearms, and all kinds of other crazy stuff, and I just wasn't interested. I even ran across the book pre-release and walked right by, didn't even look at it.

The a buddy picked it up, so I looked through it, and before I knew it, I was hooked. Some of the crazy rumors were true (dino riding halflings), others were not. Most of whats in the book has impressed me. It's almost totally opposite of what I normally run, but I really like it. I'm not running though, my buddy is.

Chris

Azazyll

First Post
I, for one, thought Eberron sounded pretty neat from the first. But then, I really liked Dinotopia too, which is what everyone was calling it. Well, it's a lot closer to Medieval meets Marvel, but I must say I am impressed with WotC's ingenuity for the first time since, well, 3rd edition came out. This is the kind of thing that usually comes from a third party publisher, but with all the money WotC can give it. Personally, I'm very busy with college and theatre at this point in my life, but want to DM, so I'm looking forward to running a campaign that won't take up too much of my spare time (since it would take a year to drum up even a modified game to my satisfaction). I am hoping that the adventures that are coming out (Whisper of the Vampire's Blade, right?) will be good so I can use that. But regardless, as a great lover of the comic book style of high fantasy, this is definitely the game I will play. I just got the book today, and I'm hooked. Haven't met a setting that just grabbed me by the imagination and scope of grandeur like this since Spelljammer way back when.

Remove ads