• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Now that you have Eberron - will you run it?

Do you intend to run an Eberron campaign?

• I do not have the book and/or do not have any desire to run an Eberron campaign

Votes: 44 31.0%
  • I have the book, but I hated it, and will not run an Eberron campaign

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • I have the book, like it, will mine it for ideas, and continue to run my homebrew

Votes: 24 16.9%
  • I have the book, like it, but none of my players are interested in it

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I have the book, like it, my players like it, our next campaign might be set in Eberron

Votes: 55 38.7%
  • My group is already running an Eberron campaign!

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don't really know what I'm doing here. What did you say D&D was, again?

Votes: 2 1.4%

Krellic

Explorer
I like Eberron I may mine it for ideas, I certainly would like to run it at some point in the future. I know that if I come to the table with a game that my players will give it a go without worrying too much over which setting I am using.

I'll certainly be collecting more Eberron books.

At the moment my Arcana Unearthed game and my FR Game are too well established to drop...

Last edited:

Starglim

Explorer
The option that I'd pick isn't in the poll. I don't have the book, but if I could justify buying it, there's at least one campaign concept that I'd like to run from it.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
I'm sure Eberron is very well done, but it isn't to my taste, so I won't be buying it. Back when d20 was new, the amount of product that came out was small enough that I could afford to buy everything, but this is no longer true. Since I now have to pick and choose, I try not to make purhcases that I can't even mine for ideas.

Also, I've got soooo many campaign settings already, and three that I purchase every title released for. My gaming dollars are earmarked through the end of this year.

Imhotepthewise

Explorer
I received my copy of Eberron Monday before lastand have been reading it most of my spare time since. It is quite a lot to take in.

In my opinion, Eberron is DnD all growed up.

I have been playing in many different campaigns since 1978. Eberron really appeals to my mature(?) style of DnD. I guess I should qualify my above statement in that there are roleplaying games other than DnD directed at a more grown up audience. There is always going to be an element in a game that is unique to DnD, and I think Eberron hangs onto it and presents it in a newer light.

Is it the best? Maybe not. Does it work in a new and interesting way? I really think so. That is why I find it interesting that it doesn't interest accomplished and knowlegable DnDers like Buttercup and others above in this thread.

My real concern is the complexity. I can see newbie DMs with grey matter leaking from their ears trying to take this in. An experienced DM, comfortable with the 3.5 system, would have little trouble indoctrinating any group of players, regardless of experience, into Eberron. A new DM, trying to learn the basics AND Eberron's complexities, would be lost.

I recommend that new DMs try to gin their thoughts on this setting down to about one page of summary to get their bearings. If they choose to use Eberron, don't try to introduce it all at once.

I think this setting will inspire some great play. I hope others give it more than a passing look.

Wormwood

Adventurer
My Realms campaign crashed and burned three months ago, and the group was effectively disbanded.

Eberron has sparked enough interest to bring us back to the table.

The players have tons of character concepts, and I'm overflowing with adventure ideas---all this form a single core book.

Eberron is different enough to be refreshing, yet familiar enough to still be D&D.

Psion

Adventurer
I'm somewhere between 3 and 4. I have the book, it's decent, but ther are many other games I want to run right now, and nothin is special enough about eberron that it's breaking out of the pack.

talinthas

First Post
heh. the option i want isn't here.
I bought the book, read it, returned it, will gladly play in a campaign based on it, but don't really want to DM it or really get into it.

Mytholder

Bought it and definitely running at least one campaign in the near future. Possibly two. Large chunks of it feel like a brain-dump from my own head.

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
I succumbed to the lure and bought it after reading several threads here about it. I'm glad I did. My FR game is on hiatus, and my Kalamar game died due to player atrophy. When I start up DMing again, I'd like to run Eberron, providing my players are interested. I may need to find a different group of people to game with if they are not interested, as Eberron has really inspired me.

Still looking to play a decent Kalamar game, though.

moticon

First Post
Would Love to run this

I purchased it mainly because I wanted to mine it for ideas, but I quickly became fascinated by the themes and heroic nature of the overall setting. The new classes and races, along with the (to me) well developed historical and political underpinnings would be great for my style of campaign.

However, I'm well along in developing a campaign setting that my PC's are about 1/4 through. The story arc that I just finished writing will take them through epic levels if the survive >:) ... So based on that I won't be using the campaign soon.

Wish there was a sane local group I could hook up with to play in this campaign setting, but I don't have time for that either...

Moticon...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads