• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nyrfherdr's Mini Thread - Inspired by Pogre (NEW 3/1/07 - AFTER A YEAR!)

nyrfherdr

First Post
I must admit that positive feedback is addictive. Thanks Pogre and Madhatter. I appreciate it.

The bases are cork. I then added white glue and sand for ground texture. I didn't cover all of the cork.
If you stop by your local FLGS that carries Confrontation Miniatures, check out the catalog. There is a brief article on bases and they use Cork a lot.

Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

nyrfherdr

First Post
Another mini to share...
I like a bit of steam and steel with my fantasy, so a few guns, some machinery and a cool axe or hammer always catch my attention. If the mini is a dwarf, I'm sold.

Privateer recently released a new crew for their Warmachine game... A dwarf warcaster and his machines.
Here's the warcaster: Gorten Grundback

He was fun to paint.
Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

ledded

Herder of monkies
Nice, man. I'm diggin' the Dwarf warcaster, and very cool work on the bases also.

I'm a total sucker for those steampunky minis with the flintlock/combo weapons like those well-done Rackham minis you posted (which I've been coveting for a while)... gimme a dwarf with a boiler on his back or a guy with a sword-pistol, and I'm head-first into that fantasy game.

nyrfherdr

First Post
Thanks Madhatter and ledded. I appreciate the feedback.
I'll post a few more pics in a couple of days.
I seem to be stalled on my sculpting article. Damned Harry Potter book...

Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

pogre

Legend
Good job on the WarJack! I have to say those things are much tougher to paint for me than organic stuff. I have a lot more respect for paint jobs on robots after doing a few.

Bobitron

Explorer
nyrfherdr said:
Here's another sculpt of mine. It is a Woldwarden from Privateer Press' Monsternomicon.

DSC01519.JPG

This one came out REALLY good. Nice work!

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Hey great work on these figs, and awesome sculpt works! I had a few questions.

Paints.

The LGS only carries GW paints. I get good results with them no doubt, but I'd rather cut back on cost, they are going up .25-.50 each for pots and 2 bucks a shot on spray cans! What are good alternatives? What kind of model paints can I find at Walmart that will work? Spray Matte varnish is a big one I need to swicth from GW's ten dollar cans.

How many drybrushes do you do for highlights? How much ink washing do you do? I do some figs with a couple dry brushes for highlights with a ink wash or two and they turn out awesome, but then I'll do a human figure and it will turn out a lot worse with teh same techniques. I need a digital camera so I can show you what I'm talking about. Where can I find good pointers?

Edit: Nevermind, I found the other thread. but still I'll take any advice on alternate paints to GW.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads