• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nyrfherdr's Mini Thread - Inspired by Pogre (NEW 3/1/07 - AFTER A YEAR!)

nyrfherdr

First Post
Thanks StoneAngel.
I finished one more Sculpt in this set. It's a Dwarf Barbarian. He's got a throwing axe in one hand and his GreatAxe at rest.
I wanted a barbarian with a little different look than the common GW dwarf.

I'm hoping to get some stuff painted soon. (hopefully)
Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

nyrfherdr said:
I finished one more Sculpt in this set. It's a Dwarf Barbarian. He's got a throwing axe in one hand and his GreatAxe at rest.
I wanted a barbarian with a little different look than the common GW dwarf.

Wow, he's great looking. I wish I could get one of him. Maybe you need to start casting these minis...

nyrfherdr

First Post
WOW. Thanks. That's high praise indeed.

I've never really looked into casting mini's. My focus is on sculpting for my own enjoyment.
I've done a few commissions for friends to create their character in miniature form, but that's about it.

It would really depend on how difficult it is to cast miniatures. Since I have no idea what it takes, it's still voodoo to me.

Thanks again for the kind words.
Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

nyrfherdr said:
I've never really looked into casting mini's. My focus is on sculpting for my own enjoyment.
I've done a few commissions for friends to create their character in miniature form, but that's about it.

Do you take outside commissions? Email me at rjmiller-at-gmail-dot-com. I might have 1 or 2 characters that I'd like to have made, if you feel up to it and the price is right. :)

pogre

Legend
nyrfherdr said:
It would really depend on how difficult it is to cast miniatures. Since I have no idea what it takes, it's still voodoo to me.

Nyrf,

Casting decent minis is not difficult at all. If you get interested in this let me know.

nyrfherdr

First Post
Hmmm. I don't have any new mini's to show right now. But, never one to let a gauntlet drop on me, here's a photo of a mini I've seen somewhere else...

He's a Paladin from Reaper.

I don't have a picture of him from the other side. I'll try and take one this weekend to post.
He's unmodified unlike his brother on another thread.

I'll try and get something done this weekend to post.
Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

pogre

Legend
I really like the free hand you did on the front of the paladin's garb. It will be cool when you post the backside so folks can see the differences in the shields.

If you have the time or inclination could you tell me how you did the wings on the Balrog in your initial post on this thread. I am working on some big wings on a project and I like the looks of what you did on that model.

nyrfherdr

First Post
Before I show the painted Dwarf,
Here is the back of the Paladin from above. My apologies. I originally stated that the mini was original, but I lied. I filed off what was on the shield and painted a freehand symbol.
My most sincere apologies...

Reaper Paladin:

Here is a different view of the Front of the mini. I think the detail comes out a little better, but I could be biased.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads