• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Obi-Wan Kenobi (spoilers)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
yeah, that was just stupid and really took me out of the show- it was an absolute “enter stage left” moment.
My expecttion was that Reva would swoop down to grab Leia thus forcing Obiwan to go full action hero and jump down into battle - but nope, bad guys with lasers gone and Obi-wan just walks in from off set :(

It was a bad cut to be sure, but it's not like it's hard to assume that he shoots the guy and slides down a fire-escape ladder, or something. Woulda been nice to have taken the 5-10 seconds of film that it would have taken to show that, though!

pukunui

Legend
I didn't recognize him, either and I looked to see if it was him. He was also wearing 501st legion armor.
I recognised him straight away. My first thought was that it was Rex or one of the other chip-free clones who show up later in Rebels. But perhaps not. It seems he was just there to remind Obi-Wan of his past.

I figure a child actor will be like this. Whatever.

But the action and editing were weak in my view. Kenobi is engaged in a sorta lazy firefight on the rooftops and he has to stop to force grab Leia.

The next cut, he's at ground level, and there's no clue as to what the guy still shooting at him did. And we'd been watching Reva leap around as if she was going to be there imminently, but all her force parkour amounted to nothing.

That could have been tightened up. Like, Star Wars is an action franchise, and Disney has unlimited money. I don't get why the action doesn't look top notch.

It did feel like something was filmed and then cut from the scene. He was exchanging fire with two bounty hunters, shot one, then Leia fell, he stopped her fall, then came running out of an alley or doorway from the opposite side of the street from the building he was on. So something had to have been cut to speed up the scene, maybe Obi-wan force jumping the same gap Leia missed, then hurrying down some stairs to the street and Leia. Also, the other bounty hunter from the rooftops, a droid, then shows up on the street and Kumail's character shoots him.

Stalker0

Legend
I'm gonna have to hard disagree with you there. I find her an absolute delight.

I'm always surprised how often I need to explain this to Star Wars fans: The Force is "with" her! "May the Force Be With You" is not an empty platitude in Star Wars.

When the force is with you, you get all the good luck, and your opponents get all the bad luck. Leia is a perfect example. She almost never misses her target when she fires a blaster, and Storm Troopers (who, in spite of what we seem to be shown, are supposed to be excellent shots) ALWAYS MISS. It's not that Storm Troopers SUCK, it's that we're constantly watching characters who the Force is WITH.

Those guys chasing her stumble over trees because the force is with HER, not THEM.
This is a really good point, and its one of the narrative tropes of Star Wars that lets it get away with a lot of stuff that makes no sense in a regular show. Leia LITERALLY has plot power due to the force.

hehe honestly Sith survive cuts to the abdomen so often I'm survived it hasn't just been made a sith power yet.

Anakin - Gets his legs cut off and lives.
Maul - Gets his lower half cut off and lives.

In context, the Inquisitor just get a stab through the gut is practically a flesh wound!

This is why I sometimes doubt the death of that one Inquisitor in Rebels who only fell to his "death". As far as I can remember, no body was shown either, so Disney/Lucasfilm has a loophole there to bring at least one of them back from the dead.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
hehe honestly Sith survive cuts to the abdomen so often I'm survived it hasn't just been made a sith power yet.

Anakin - Gets his legs cut off and lives.
Maul - Gets his lower half cut off and lives.

In context, the Inquisitor just get a stab through the gut is practically a flesh wound!
This. We just saw two folks severely wounded in the abdomen get cybernetic repairs in Book of Boba Fett. I think abdomen wounds and lopped-off limbs are like common injuries in the GFFA.

Remove ads