• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Obi-Wan Kenobi (spoilers)

Janx

Hero
Reva clearly has more backstory to be disclosed. She is presumably one of the younglings seen during the opening attack on the Jedi temple sequence, maybe she knew Anakin from the temple, then recognised pre-armour Vader during the attack?
that's my assumption. some kind of young jedi-person during order 66.

For her to spend 10 years hunting Kenobi, she has to have a reason, especially as a young-ish character (20s)

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth (He/him)
I was surprised that the story touched so directly on the main plot line of the films. I have a few thoughts on this:

Obi-Wan takes an almost identical position to Luke's when he first appears in the sequel trilogy. I.e. "the time of the jedi is over". I was a bit surprised to hear this coming out of Obi-Wan's mouth. Clearly he'll need to reverse this by the end of the series, so he can be the person we see in episode IV that trains and passes the tradition on to Luke.

The thing that pulls him back into the action, i.e. "save Princess Leia", is the same call he answered in episode IV. He also pulls a similar move, "sacrificing" himself to allow the princess to escape.

The revelation that Vader survived their last meeting makes Obi-Wan aware of his own culpability not only in the failure of the jedi but in the deaths of those who have been hunted down by the inquisitors. What he does with this knowledge will be critical to the next episode. Does he seek to finish the job he left incomplete, or does he find some other synthesis having to do with the prophecy of the One? I expect this will be resolved with the understanding that it's Luke who must confront Vader.

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
Obi-Wan takes an almost identical position to Luke's when he first appears in the sequel trilogy. I.e. "the time of the jedi is over". I was a bit surprised to hear this coming out of Obi-Wan's mouth. Clearly he'll need to reverse this by the end of the series, so he can be the person we see in episode IV that trains and passes the tradition on to Luke.
The important word being "almost" in that he's not advocating for the Jedi to end, since he makes it clear to Owen that he still wants to train Luke once he's old enough. Obi-Wan is very much in survival mode when we first see him, but he's not interested in burning it all to the ground like old Luke is. He's just trying to hang in there until the time is right for him to come out of hiding again ...

The revelation that Vader survived their last meeting makes Obi-Wan aware of his own culpability not only in the failure of the jedi but in the deaths of those who have been hunted down by the inquisitors. What he does with this knowledge will be critical to the next episode. Does he seek to finish the job he left incomplete, or does he find some other synthesis having to do with the prophecy of the One? I expect this will be resolved with the understanding that it's Luke who must confront Vader.
I am anticipating another showdown between Obi-Wan and Vader, which will put a new spin on Vader's EP 4 comment about sensing a presence he hasn't felt since conveniently whenever.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
hehe honestly Sith survive cuts to the abdomen so often I'm survived it hasn't just been made a sith power yet.

Anakin - Gets his legs cut off and lives.
Maul - Gets his lower half cut off and lives.

In context, the Inquisitor just get a stab through the gut is practically a flesh wound!
It killed Qiu Gon Jinn.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads