Obi-Wan Kenobi (spoilers)

I meant to ask about this in my last post, but got a bit sidetracked. lol

Anyway, we have another mention in episode 3 of Obi-wan remembering a baby brother. Other than the mention in the first prequel movie, and now here, is there anything else canon about this? Are we getting a set up for a younger Kenobi to show up in the Mandoverse? Some might not like that, but I think it would be cool if it did happen.
I think it's very likely this is a case of Chekhov's Little Brother.

Even a younger brother would be quite mature (70s) in the Mandalorian though. I think Bad Batch or Andor more likely, if not this show.

Last edited:

I think it's very likely this is a case of Chekhov's Little Brother.

Even a younger brother would be quite mature (70s) in the Mandalorian though. I think Bad Batch or Andor more likely, if not this show.

Obi-wan was only 57 in the original movie, so he is about 48 in this series. And if he remembers a baby brother from when he was 5 or 6 on leaving for Jedi School, that baby brother would be between 65 and 70 at the time of the Mandalorian, So an actor who ages like Ewan and not Jimmy could easily play a character who looks good for his age. But regardless, I don't see why they would bring up his brother again if that brother were not going to show up somewhere in one of the series.

Obi-wan was only 57 in the original movie, so he is about 48 in this series. And if he remembers a baby brother from when he was 5 or 6 on leaving for Jedi School, that baby brother would be between 65 and 70 at the time of the Mandalorian, So an actor who ages like Ewan and not Jimmy could easily play a character who looks good for his age. But regardless, I don't see why they would bring up his brother again if that brother were not going to show up somewhere in one of the series.

Jimmy Smidts is 66 years old. He actually doesnt look too bad for a dude who is pushing 70.

I don't see why they would bring up his brother again if that brother were not going to show up somewhere in one of the series.
Simplest explanation is so Ewan can shave his beard and have a cameo in Andor.

Wackiest explanation: Denis Lawson (Wedge) is Ewan's uncle. In fiction turn it around and Kenobi is Wedge's uncle. The Captain Antillies who Vader kills at the beginning of ANH is Wedge's dad/Kenobi's brother.

Last edited:

Remove ads