Obi-Wan Kenobi (spoilers)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
The acting is bad, quite wooden
is the kid playing Leiz really 10? She seems younger (or Im just old and all kids look younger now)

nice that the story picked up directly from the movies and filled in some of the gaps

Mezuka

Hero
After the average second half of the Boba Fett series my exceptions were low. I'm very happy with the first two episodes of Obi-Wan. The last shot of episode two sent chills down my spine. Little Leia is perfect. I wonder what Carry Fisher would have said about her mini-me.

As far as I can find, the show was filmed between May and September 2021. Depending on when her scenes were filmed, she was between 9 and 9 and a half when this was filmed.

And Luke and Leia are still 9, maybe about to turn 10, at the time of this series. The kid playing Luke is still only 10, until his birthday in Oct, meaning that is also a 9 year old at time of filming, so the two actors are the same age, despite the difference in appearances.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The acting from the girl playing Leia I simply could not stand;

I'm gonna have to hard disagree with you there. I find her an absolute delight.

A nine-year-old child on half-grown legs runs from four or five scary grown men and yet somehow they don't catch her inside of two seconds?

I'm always surprised how often I need to explain this to Star Wars fans: The Force is "with" her! "May the Force Be With You" is not an empty platitude in Star Wars.

When the force is with you, you get all the good luck, and your opponents get all the bad luck. Leia is a perfect example. She almost never misses her target when she fires a blaster, and Storm Troopers (who, in spite of what we seem to be shown, are supposed to be excellent shots) ALWAYS MISS. It's not that Storm Troopers SUCK, it's that we're constantly watching characters who the Force is WITH.

Those guys chasing her stumble over trees because the force is with HER, not THEM.

Still, there's a lot in these two episodes that I like very much. From these first two episodes I rate it far above the main story sequels and prequels.

THIS, I agree with you wholeheartedly!

G

Guest 7034872

I'm gonna have to hard disagree with you there. I find her an absolute delight.
No sweat; I am happy to have people disagree with me (and they'll even change my mind sometimes).

Pursuant to my parenthetical, can you say a bit more about what delighted you about her? I ask this not to be combative in the way we often see on EN World, but so that I can go back, re-watch the episodes, and see if I can come to see what you saw. I mean, the idea of a stubborn, preternaturally insightful, and rambunctious Leia I totally get and dig: it was just this actress' execution of it that I so disliked. What was it that especially charmed you?

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that likes young Leia. She's adorable. I can definitely see her growing into older Leia. I knew something would take Oni-Wan off world. I had no idea it was her.

Lots of aliens I'm not familiar with. I like identifying them as the shows go along. Not as easy with this show. The sloth on stilts might be my favorite so far.

Not sure it's Mandalorian good, but it's already better than The Book of Boba Fett. We saw a down on his luck clone. I hope that's as close was we get to Boba Fett.

Remove ads