• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oddest class combination in a party?

Matchstick

Adventurer
We had a group that was:

Sorcerer
Wizard
Bard
and 3 Monks.

It was very fun. We ambushed a lot, and took advantage as much as we could of the Monks' speed.

That party was a result of everyone creating the characters they wanted to play, without consulting any of the other players (a decision we made consciously). I thought it was a really cool way to start a campaign.

Ian the Mad

First Post
Human Warmage 5
Human Warlock 5
Gnome Artificer 5
Shifter Ranger 2/Barbarian 2/Warshaper 1

Works pretty well. They occasionally get a tag-along underlevel Archivist for story and survival reasons.

Drowbane

First Post
old group

Goblin "pimp" (rogue)
1/2 Ogre Fighter
Anhardd (half hobgoblin) Fighter / rogue
Aelfborne (like fey half elves) spirit shaman

Remathilis

Legend
Shifter Druid3
Human Artificer3
Warforged Soulknife2/Fighter1
Half-elf Bard3

They technically, have blasting, healing, tanking and traps, but no one is shining in any one roll. This might be changing soon though...

sniffles

First Post
I'm in a group currently that consists of:

Kelloran druid/sorcerer/some prestige class that I don't know the name of.
Human ranger/warlock
Human bard/marshal/Chameleon
Elf bard/wizard
Human rogue (NPC)

See the second Story Hour in my sig. It's a very roleplay-heavy campaign. The bards do a lot of Diplomacy and Knowledge checks. The ranger/warlock is our main combat monster.

Wik

First Post
Our Savage Tide group is prety weird. We had a player who was a cleric/sorcerer, but he showed up only half the time before we gave him the boot. So, our group right now consists of a Dragon Shaman built as an AC Monkey (Tower Shield, Shield Specialization, Full Plate, Dodge) who takes the brunt of the attacks, a Goliath Fighter who does a buttload of damage, a Catfolk Rogue built around archery, and a Human Paladin with a polearm. No wizards, no clerics. And they're doing amazingly well - the Dragon Shaman heals the group to 50% of their HP, and the Paladin uses his wand of CUre Light Wounds to do the rest. Like the OP, our group hits every fight at 100%. Of course, they're only 5th level or so right now... once they hit the higher levels in the Adventure Path, things are going to get nasty.

They're getting a warlock in a month, as a friend of mine is joining up. Hopefully he'll round the party out a bit more, but I'm thinking they'll still be a melee-based party.

Koewn

Explorer
Barbarian 8 (going into a modified Elemental Warrior from PlanarHbook, Fire.)

Monk 5/Drunken Master 3 (specialized in Diplomacy. He has Profession(Diplomat), even.)

And...

Fighter 1/Wizard 1/Cleric 3/Rogue 2/Human Paragon 1, a party all unto himself, eventually taking some Mystic Theurge.

Almost had a Warlock, but he's changed his mind to Artificer when he joins.

Last edited:

Stalker0

Legend
We had an

Oathsworn 13 (from Arcana Evolved)
Paladin 11
Spellthief 10
Cleric 11
Ranger/Rogue 13
and of course our

Fighter/Duskblade/Exotic Weapon Master/Occult Slayer
with his blink dog cohort that was a ninja/spellthief

MarauderX

Explorer
Barbarian/Bard, since 6th level.
I thought it interesting as a build at first, but the player really knows how to maximize the benefits in any given situation or threat. The class abilities work well together to add bonuses that pop his abilities up to be an effective fighter, decent healer, and great buffer.

Now at 18th level:
http://correl.wikispaces.com/Grimnyrs+sheet

Remove ads