Odyssey of the Dragonlords Player's Guide is Free!

You can grab the 28-page Player's Guide for the greek-inspired Odyssey of the Dragonlords campaign setting for D&D 5E for free.

PlayersGuideCover.jpg

Odyssey of the Dragonlords is an epic fantasy campaign for the fifth edition of the world’s greatest roleplaying game. The Player’s Guide is a 28-page companion booklet that will provide you with everything you need to begin your career as a prospective hero in the forgotten land of Thylea.

Inspired by ancient Greek mythology, Thylea is a brand new campaign setting—a lost continent that can be seamlessly added to any existing campaign setting.
The World of Thylea. Includes an overview of the history, factions, kingdoms, and laws of the forgotten continent. Learn about the gods, the titans, and the legendary Dragonlords.

Class Backstories. Includes guidance on the character creation process, including potential names and suggested backstories for each of the core player classes.
New Player Races. Includes rules for two new player races native to the forests and the northern steppes: the Thylean Centaur and the Thylean Satyr.

Choose Your Epic Path. Includes six epic paths for players to choose from. Epic paths provide powerful motivations for your hero, making you a central part of the story.

Note: The Odyssey of the Dragonlords campaign book has not yet been released. The expected launch date is sometime in May 2019.

PlayersGuideSpread.jpg

Yesterday, Modiphius announced its partnership with BioWare's James Ohlen, Jesse Sky and Drew Karpyshyn:

"Legendary creative team re-unites BioWare lead designers James Ohlen and Jesse Sky (Neverwinter Nights, Dragon Age: Origins, Baldurs Gate I & II, Knights of the Old Republic and Star Wars: The Old Republic) with Drew Karpyshyn, BioWare senior writer on Mass Effect I & II and Knights of the Old Republic under the banner ARCANUM WORLDS.

At the dawn of time, a war between gods and titans left the landscape of Thylea forever changed. Thousands of years later, the first mortals arrived by ship and by dragon.

The Dragonlords were the champions who threw down the titans 500 years ago and forged the Oath of Peace. But the power of the oath has waned, and the titans seek vengeance.

You are one of the heroes called by prophecy to end this conflict once and for all. Poets will sing of your exploits for centuries to come... if you survive to tell the tale.

Modiphius Entertainment has signed a worldwide co-publishing deal to support the newly formed Arcanum Worlds team with marketing, logistics and production expertise, allowing them to focus on creating an incredible new world. The Arcanum Worlds team are preparing to run a Kickstarter for the lavish hardcover adventure book and with Modiphius support will be launching once the book is ready to go to print.

Arcanum Worlds have launched a free 28-page Player’s Guide to Odyssey of the Dragonlords PDF now available from Modiphius.net and DriveThruRPG. You’ll be able to read more about the world and get a taste of what’s to come.

Between the three of them, they have an incredible list of credits from some of the most legendary adventure games. James Ohlen spent over 20 years as lead designer and creative director at BioWare working on Baldur’s Gate I & II, Knights of the Old Republic, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Dragon Age: Origins and Neverwinter Nights. Jesse Sky has 8 years as lead designer and creative director at BioWare working on Star Wars: The Old Republic and it’s expansions Galactic Strongholds, Shadow of Revan and Knights of the Fallen Empire.

“What if I could return to what I did decades ago, but apply it to the pen and paper games that inspired Baldur’s Gate? It would be a way to give back to the community that inspired my career, and it would be a way to work on something that gave me the fulfillment I craved.” - James Ohlen, Writer & Designer on Odyssey of the DragonLords and lead designer of Baldur’s Gate."

Image5_9f2da4bd-5a72-4517-ab34-d53f7cd9dfb4.jpg

Why does a Grecian elf use mothereffing NAIL POLISH???!!!

Cosmetics were popular among women in Ancient Greece, if they could afford them. Mainly dealing with skin (lightening), hair (lightening), lips (red), etc. I don't recall them using nail polish (popular in Ancient China and other areas), but I don't recall Elves in Ancient Greece either :)

*edit* Oh, and moisturizing skin and hair. And "unibrows". Really. Thick ones :)

They moisturized their unibrows??

Maybe :) I know they did their skin, given they used a toxic lead based skin lightener they probably needed to...

*edit* Grammar slips when posting and grading papers at the same time... maybe that's what happens with my students :)

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
Because they were sneaky and hiding!

I don’t get the desire to add in elves and dwarves in this setting. Thematically it doesn’t make much sense. I would go with centaurs and satyrs etc as playable races (if players really wanted to be something other than human) rather than elves and dwarves. A satyr bard or a centaur ranger sounds pretty cool.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases