Of Vile Darkness

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Less than an hour passes before a neatly-attired skeleton comes to conduct you to the Baroness. The room it guides you to is well appointed, with walls swathed in fabric of red and black, with comfortable chaits upholstered in crimson velvet. Bouquets of black roses stand in vases carved from skulls and trimmed with gold.*

*The Baroness herself sits on a fine gilded chair on a small dais, two black shadows floating on either side of her. She is a tall woman, stunningly beautiful with pale skin, blood-red lips, and golden blonde hair. She is an elegant and willowy figure, clad in a fine court gown of blue and gold brocade, and adored with a small fortune in sapphires and gold.*

"Ah... you are far better than I expected. I shall have to apologize to the Butterfly for insisting I needed help. Now, my beauties, I have a lovely little masquerade going on downstairs that I need your help with. Some delightful champions of good, their souls burning so brightly I noticed them three days off, have attempted to trick their way into my presense. Some of them are the jailers, the rest are the prisoners. And undoubtedly they wish to do something horrible to me the minute I arrive. Now, you are hired to protect me, so I propose this.

"There is a screen on the dais that will prevent them from seeing whoever is behind it. Ssessarina can be my imitator, and string them along until they choose to attack. I shall be in my own chapel, activating all the protective spells and guardians on my property. If you are driven back, come to the chapel and I shall be able to bolster you," the Baroness says smoothly. "What say you, my brave protectors?"

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Gwyn ap Fomor, Half-Fiend Mortal Hunter

"Under no circumstances can we leave you without multiple guards. I would suggest myself as one, since I will be painfully obvious to the Phoenix Knight should I meet him with the others. I agree, though, that using Ssessarina as a decoy will allow for our forces to be brought against the intruders more effectively, provided that sufficient illusion can be used to fool them for more than a few seconds."

Rybaer

First Post
Lord Torr Stormrider - human weretiger/rogue/fighter

*Torr gets a slightly creepy vibe from the Baroness' estate. While he has no issue with being evil, selfish and despicable, the abundance of undead is a bit outside his realm of experience. He tries to ignore it and keep his mind on the task at hand.*

"Sounds like a fine plan to me," he says. "Simple. I will assume a more useful form and wait out of sight until the action starts. Unless anyone objects, I will attempt to attack and disable any obvious spellcaster first and foremost."

Wrahn

First Post
Aekir Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Soul Eater 6

*Aekir moves through the building, silently, on his guard. He keeps his possessions with him, staying in the lounging room, watching Ralam check the exits, watching the skeletons. He is the last to follow the skeleton taking them to the Baroness. Some may notice his warhammer has been replaced by the mace he received from Wode earlier.*

*He listens to the Baronesses plan and nearly smiles when Gwyn makes his suggestion.*

How typical, let us do the dirty work, he lounges with the Baroness and if we win, he gets paid, if we lose, he kills the Baroness and still gets paid. We take the risk and he gets the reward. The real question is does he intend to kill the her as soon as the opportunity presents itself. I wonder if Sserina will allow it.

“Call the jailers up separately from the prisoners. They will be easier to deal with if we split them up. If you have any other prisoners, hostages may be useful. How long will it take you to make ready the defenses of this place?”

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Gwyn ap Fomor, Half-Fiend Mortal Hunter

"A good thought, Aekir, but I fear that they will refuse such a request, and it will only serve to convince them that we mean them ill, whether we're onto them or simply don't want to pay the slavers. No, if we are to kill them, it must be on ground of our choosing, and leading them where we wish will be easier if they believe they have safety in numbers."

linnorm

Explorer
Ralam Human Rogue 5 / Assassin 7

*Ralam tries to maintain his distance from the various undead and focus his mind on the task at hand as the group is led to the Baroness. He listens to the other's comments intently, constructing a course of action in his mind.*

"I too should remain hidden, my talents are much more useful with surprise. Are there any positions that I may observe the proceedings discreetly and still attack when necessary? Preferably somewhere that would place me behind your 'petitioners'. Also, when the fighting begins it may be beneficial to try to draw them into a hallway to force them into single file. A pair of crossing hallways would allow us to use our numbers against them."

Wrahn

First Post
Aekir Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Soul Eater 6

*Aekir considers Gwyn. His eyes as cold as death.*

“Frightening them and forcing them to act is not the worst thing for us. Bringing them here in force to fight may very well be.” His deep gravely voice speaks softly and tonelessly.

linnorm

Explorer
Ralam Human Rogue 5 / Assassin 7

*Ralam nods at Aekir's comment.*

"Indeed, they will be easier to kill one at a time than all together, surprised or not. We should endeavor to throw them off balance as much as possible. They will have to either appear individually or launch their attack prematurely, either way it is to our advantage."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Your suggestions are admirable, but can you agree on a single plan of attack?" the Baroness says as she watches the strategic debate with the fascination one might give an interesting play.

Remove ads