Of Vile Darkness

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Loviana: Half-Nymph/Female (Rogue/Corruptor/Bondblade)

Loviana had looked around the room once or twice in her attempts to place it but she hadn’t been able too. She glances around one more time as she ask questionably and slightly confused, “and just where is here, my High Righteousness?”

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Honor's Shield, they brought you here and then summoned me when they could not rouse you. Larissa, though you are not a priestess, I thought perhaps you would like to have the scourge your attacker used. We of Heironeous often take the weapons of our enemies to show that we have triumphed in battle and survived, and you indeed did survive. But I would understand if perhaps it would be too traumatic for you, and if you desire I will have it destroyed," Orshallan says kindly.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Loviana: Half-Nymph/Female (Rogue/Corruptor/Bondblade)

Loviana looks around confused at her surroundings but slowly she realizes where she’s at and she turns her apologetic eyes to Orshallan, “I must have had a good bump on my head? To be honest I’m not sure I want to be… I know I won’t fill safe at home and I’m afraid that memories of Terrel will hunt me here. I guess the temple would be the best place, at least for a little while, I promises I won’t be a bother at all.”

Looking back over at the scourge with a twinge of fear she puts on a brave face and a slightly meek smile, “Well, Orshallan, they always say what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger... right? So will do like you and I will keep it.”

linnorm

Explorer
Ralam Human Rogue 5 / Assassin 7

*Ralam raises an eyebrow before grinning lecherously.*

"Thank you, my lady. I'm sure that whatever favor you need will be interesting. Now, I'm afraid I must retire, my affliction is quite taxing and it wouldn't do for a successful merchant to be seen swooning like a maiden."

*Ralam stands and bows.*

"Thank you again my lady, I look forward to repaying your kindness."

*Ralam returns home to rest and await Lady Arvnos' courier.*

Rybaer

First Post
Lord Torr Stormrider - human weretiger/rogue/fighter

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"sniff M'lord, the Madame says she will send over Pearl, Chastity, and Scarlet this evening, by sniff coach," she says, trembling with the effort of keeping her tears in check.

*Torr looks up at her and maintains a completely neutral face, as if unaware of her emotional distress.*

"Thank you, dear," he says. "You may take the afternoon off to rest or do as you see fit. I will have need of your services this evening, likely well into the night, so be prepared."

*He dismisses her with a wave of his hand. Let her fret for a while over what the evening will bring.*

A delectable appetizer, Stormrider says with a hint of glee. Tonight shall be most enjoyable.

"For you and me both," Torr says. "Pearl, Chastity, and Scarlet - and all in one evening. I'll have to do something extra nice for Madam Gloria."

*Torr spends the rest of his afternoon relaxing, drinking, and cleaning up for his evening's entertainment. He will discuss how best to optimize the festivities for Stormrider's enjoyment, as well as ponder what sort of intrigues Vestacha might be up to.*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Loviana, Orshallan will have one of the volunteers pick you up to take you out to a waiting carriage.*

"You will be no burden at all Larissa, and you will be safe in the Temple of the Invincible," Orshallan says, laying his hand on your hair in a 'protective' gesture.

*The carriage waiting is very fine, trimmed with gold and marked with Herioneous' symbol. After a few minutes' ride you arrive around the side, and an acolyte is summoned to carry you into a neatly-appointed cell, much like the acolytes use.*

"I must go tend to my duties, but Arnold will be here to tend to you if you have need. Just ring this bell here," Orshallan says, then give you a little bow and exits (that is after any other comments or questions you may have).

~~~

*Ralam, your dreams that night are troubled. A feeling of fear, something large and dark hiding, waiting to kill you, a flash of light, an empty street, cruel laughter, and a wash of crimson blood flowing down the street.*

*The next day a messenger arrives, asking to speak with you specifically. If you admit him into your presence you see he's a halfling boy, slightly scarred across the cheek from an old knife wound.*

"Sister Vel is the one you seek, she is skilled in the removal of unwanted curses. However, you must go to her, and she is not minded to come to you," he says. If you decide to go with him (after questioning or whichever) he will lead you to the red and black-faced temple of Beshaba, the goddess of bad luck. If there's anyone that knows about curses, it would be them.

*The acolyte will lead you inside, to a small chapel at the side of the church. In the windowless room a red-shaded lamp burns, and beside it is the shadow-shrouded figure of who you assume is Sister Vel.*

"You come seeking Beshaba's luck?" she murmurs.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Loviana: half-nymph/female (Corruptor/Bondblade/Rogue)

*Loviana enjoys her trip and makes small talk with whoever accompanies her but she speaks not of the accident nor does she try to do anything to stir anyone’s imagination*

As Orshallan helps her settle into her new room she gives him a tried smile as she replies, “Thank you so much Orshallan. I think your right I doubt I be a bother at all as I feel so tried I think I might sleep for a week.”

As Orshallan tries to bow out of the door Loviana flashes a thankful and hopeful smile, “Orshallan, I’m not sure how busy you are or if you already have plans, but I always feel so silly eating alone…” Her voice trails of just like Larissa’s would as she breaks out in an embarrassed blush, “Well anyhow, would you take the next meal with me?”

When left alone Loviana gives a few minutes to see if anyone will come to check on her but if left alone she quickly lays Skada out speaks in a bare whisper to her as she quickly removes her clothes and quickly inspects her body for the tiniest of scars, “Skada, what did you see before, during, and most importantly after the accident?” Rubbing a small spot on her chest Loviana is relived to see it’s simple dirt from the Honor's Shield’s poor, “How much time has passed?"

When Skada is done speaking and she finishes her examination she dresses in any sleepwear provided and craws into bed as she didn’t lie to Orshallan about being tried...

linnorm

Explorer

Ralam bows, "I do, my lady. I fear I have been stricken with a curse of some sort, if Beshaba's blessing can relieve me of this affliction I will be most grateful."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Orshallan smiles slightly at your request, Loviana.*

"Of course I would, should I wake you for the evening meal?" he asks. After hearing your assent, he'll exit the room and leave you to your virtuous rest.

*Your dreams that afternoon are a bit odd, involving Orshallan bathed in light, in a place so pure and beautiful that it seems like the descriptions of heaven you've heard. Strange... Perhaps the magic he used on you had unanticipated effects.*

*Later that evening you're awakened by a light touch on your shoulder. Orshallan is leaning over you, rousing you to wakefullness. He is wearing his formal robes, and you realize he must have just come from the evening services. An acolyte is behind him setting up a simple dinner on a small table. He pushes it up to the bed and Orshallan takes the chair. It's a simple meal of cut meat, cheese, and fresh fruit, with a light wine, and fresh bread and butter. You note that Orshallan seems to have mastered the art of eating without getting any crumbs on his heavily-embroidered robes.*

"Larissa, how long have you lived in Andeluvay? It seems one of your piety would have found her way to the Honor's Shield far before now if this was your home," he asks.

~~~~~

*Ralam, Sister Vel moves across the room and takes your chin in surprisingly strong fingers. Her features are obscured by a dark veil, so you cannot tell what she looks like. She examines you minutely, then goes over to her altar and brings over what appears to be a black mirror.*

"Look into the mirror of truth, and see your true face," she whispers as she holds the mirror up before you.

*In it your face is disfigured by the black scar of what seems to be an outstretched hand, and your eyes are a disturbing shade of yellow.*

"Someone seeks to drive you mad. Tell me, how did you come across such a curse?"

linnorm

Explorer

*Ralam frowns deeply at the image in the mirror. This is more serious than I thought.*

"Someone seeks to drive you mad. Tell me, how did you come across such a curse?"

"A business transaction gone wrong I'm afraid. Apparently the quality of my work was not up to the necessary standard. Can you remove it?"

Remove ads