• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Off On The Rim

deadestdai

First Post
If the device is a homer, then they already know where we are - landing will only draw them to us, and being grounded we will be even more of a sitting duck. Get rid now, then land or whatever. We need to be invisable asap. The last thing we need is to be jumped whilst one of our team is stuck outside.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Daos raises his eyebrows in surprise. "Huh. And I was joking." He shrugs. "My vote is to jump somewhere with too many law enforcers for them to attack us, dump the beacon, then go wherever we're going. Best security, most stealth."

deadestdai

First Post
From what I hear, Black Sun's got control of so much more than we can imagine.... I vote we get rid NOW and then choose to land. I don't relish anyone's "bought-off" law enforcement-types hassling us one bit. We may not get a choice otherwise.

It was another minute when they all heard a noise from the computers. A beeping noise. The sensors showed three ships exiting hyperspace a good distance ahead of them. Two of them were moving in fast, the third more slowly. They weren't close enough that thier make could be deciphered, but it was quite obvious to the crew that the formation and tactic was a very old style attack pattern.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Daos raises his eyebrows. "Well, that rather made the decision for us." He mans the forward gun controls, ready to open fire as soon as they enter maximum range, barring anyone telling him otherwise. "Tell the princess things are about to get rough."

ooc: There are two turrets and one forward cannon, yes?

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Thomas Hobbes said:
Daos raises his eyebrows. "Well, that rather made the decision for us." He mans the forward gun controls, ready to open fire as soon as they enter maximum range, barring anyone telling him otherwise. "Tell the princess things are about to get rough."

ooc: There are two turrets and one forward cannon, yes?

Lance, already seated in the laser cannon's seat, swiftly runs through a powerup sequence.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Talon Darkstrider: Human/Male (Scoundrel/Soldier)

Talon checks the sensors trying to judge the other ships’ types and their strengths and weaknesses.

OOC: Are the "fast" ones faster than us? I'm not sure what distance they would need before our sensors not to be able to identify them. After looking for the revised rulebook I didn’t see anything that doesn’t state that you couldn’t identity at a distance. This rings true with the old X-Wing and T.I.E Fighter computer games if it matters at all.

Brother Shatterstone said:
Talon checks the sensors trying to judge the other ships’ types and their strengths and weaknesses.

OOC: Are the "fast" ones faster than us? I'm not sure what distance they would need before our sensors not to be able to identify them. After looking for the revised rulebook I didn’t see anything that doesn’t state that you couldn’t identity at a distance. This rings true with the old X-Wing and T.I.E Fighter computer games if it matters at all.

((OOC: Sensor scans can't really tell you how 'fast' something is going or thier weaknesses. Strengths/weaknesses would be your own knowledge more than anything. And yes, sensors have a range to detect. But think of it this way...there are many ways to mask signals and fool sensors.
As for your Computer Use check to scan...the two ships closing in are older model Z-95 Headhunters. The third ship is some kind of transport, but you don't know the model or make of it.))

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Talon Darkstrider: Human/Male (Scoundrel/Soldier)

Talon yells out to the others, "We have two z-95s and a transport coming at us."

OOC: How far, like in, squares are they?

Yes they can tell you speed. They tell you how fast you are closing with an object simply remove your speed adjust for bearings and you have their relative speed and it works the same with radar and sonar too.

Last edited:

Remove ads