• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Official Nostalgia Thread (thread necromancy)

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Bront said:
94 Variable xp tables with little common sense. A Thief was always ahead of the curve, but a M-U was near last to start, and closed all the way to second near 8th-9th level, and then went back to near last again.

And then there was the fun of multi-classing with those wacky XP tables.

There are days when I actually miss variable XP requirements.

River Tam

First Post
CrusaderX said:
morgan-ironwolf.jpg

Mialee who?

I feel so . . . inadequate now. :D

DarrenGMiller

First Post
Grazzt said:
Or used "the greatest critical hit charts ever written"....Dragon #39. The "Good Hits, and Bad Misses..." article.

I still use a modified version of this now. It looks like it is older than the Dead Sea scrolls, since I ripped it out of the magazine about 20 years ago. It now has a plastic sheet protector over it.

My contribution: Level limits for demi-humans, different varieties of halfling, the Soul Gem, Wave, Whelm and Blackrazor (and of course not giving them to their rightful owners), finding a blaster rifle and a set of power armor in the Barrier Peaks.

DM

Silver Moon

Adventurer
102. Mountain Dew and Jolt Cola = all night gaming sessions

103. You raided your younger brother's toy box to find things to use as monster minuatures

104. There were only around 100 actual minatures made for the game so you also bought lead figures made for other gaming systems and improvised with them.

105. The next issue of Dragon magazine was like a gift from the gods.

106. You eagerly looked through the game listing at miniatures wargaming conventions to see if they might actually also run a role-playing game (and were usually disappointed).

Dark Jezter

First Post
110. There were not 2 gajillion elf subraces. When somebody was referring to an elf, you knew exactly what they were talking about: the type of character that chooses whether to be a fighter or a magic-user at the start of each adventure.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads