• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Official Unofficial 4E Rules FAQ

Ziana

First Post
Is it necessary to make an attack on the Quarry each round in order for it to take the extra damage, or does the damage occur regardless (like an Ongoing Damage effect)?
[sblock]Joe, Wizard's Customer Service 06/15/2008 04:35 PM
You must successfully hit the Quarry with an attack and choose to apply the extra damage from Hunter's Quarry.
[/sblock]

Is each additional Quarry subject to the extra damage each round? IE: does only one Quarry take the damage, which is one reading of the rules on page 104, or does each Quarry that you attack that round take the extra damage?

If you have multiple Quarries, and you hit multiple Quarries, you choose which one takes the extra damage.[/sblock]

Page 104 states that you can designate the enemy nearest you as your Quarry (errata modifies that to "nearest enemy you can see". In order to designate additional Quarries per page 113, is it necessary to adjust position before doing so, so that the new Quarry is the nearest enemy target, or is it sufficient to designate quarries in order of proximity from the character?

This appears to be a minor over sight but order of proximity will cover it.[/sblock]

Burr

First Post
OP, you've accidentally hidden one answer within the code for another. Look inside the answer to the question, "If I am playing a cleric and I use Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune in an encounter, can I use Channel Divinity: Turn Undead in the same encounter?"

Lurker37

Explorer
Here's the link to the WoTC ruling on Lay on Hands.

Gleemax Forums

Discussion Thread
Response (Support Agent) 06/13/2008 01:12 PM
Greetings,

The Paladin is indeed able to use Lay on Hands on himself. This is fully intended. Please let me know if you need anymore help!

Tony
Customer Service Representative
Wizards of the Coast

Ziana said:
Is each additional Quarry subject to the extra damage each round? IE: does only one Quarry take the damage, which is one reading of the rules on page 104, or does each Quarry that you attack that round take the extra damage?

Joe, Wizard's Customer Service 06/15/2008 04:35 PM
If you have multiple Quarries, and you hit multiple Quarries, you choose which one takes the extra damage.
Ummm...
PHB p. 104 said:
The hunter’s quarry effect remains active until the end of the encounter, until the quarry is defeated, or until you designate a different target as your quarry.
You can designate one enemy as your quarry at a time.

WOLead

First Post
One of the Paragon Paths allows you to set multiple Quarries, Magus Coeruleus. Battlefield Archer Path, I believe.

Kordeth

First Post
Magus Coeruleus said:

The CS rep probably got confused and meant Curse, since warlocks can have multiple cursed enemies at once.

EDIT:

WOLead said:
One of the Paragon Paths allows you to set multiple Quarries, Magus Coeruleus. Battlefield Archer Path, I believe.

That too.

Ziana

First Post
Magus:

P113: Battlefield Experience (11th level): You can designate more than one creature as your quarry at a time, up to a number equal to your Wisdom modifier. In addition, any attack made against a quarry receives a +1 bonus to attack rolls.

P11:
"Simple Rules, Many Exceptions Every class, race, feat, power, and monster in the D&D game lets you break the rules in some way"

"Specific Beats General If a specific rule contradicts a general rule, the specific rule wins"

Last edited:

Underage AOLer

First Post
I've cleaned up and organized the first post, adding a link to the other thread on Gleemax. It seems there are a few conflicting answers we've received already, which causes me some concern as to the usefulness of something like this thread... but oh well. Nothing a good edit can't fix, or 4.5th Edition (;)).

Remove ads