• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OK, here is the official I gave up on this series thread!

Taelorn76

First Post
Shows I have dropped this year.
Alias- Just got bored with it
Surface- I want to get into it but I just can't.
Threshold- Just didn't grab me
Supernatural-same as above, to quote others feels like a X-files rip off

Shows I'm still into
Lost-
How I met your mother- but that is starting to fall off a bit, I want the pay off of who the mother is.
Invasion- I'm still holding on to it.
Smallville-dropped it last season for Lost, but getting into it again.
Family Guy- As good as it ever was
American Dad- is evolving into a must watch show

Atridis

First Post
A couple of people have mentioned the Law & Order shows, but I actually think the two spinoffs are doing some interesting things this season.

Special Victims Unit explores the detectives much more than the other shows do. Last night's episode was all about how Stabler is losing it, and revealed (I think for the first time) that he was abused by his father. Mary Stuart Masterson's "How many times have you thought about eating your gun?" line was great (Mary Stuart Masterson is great in general, actually). We'll see how that storyline progresses. Last week's episode featured Det. Benson during a particularly difficult child-abduction case, and while it didn't delve into Olivia's history, it was an interesting character study. When she finally confronted the pedophile, I genuinely didn't know whether or not she was going to kill him.

I like the new pair of detectives on Criminal Intent (Annabella Sciorra and Chris Noth, reprising his role of Mike Logan from the original show), although they've only been featured in one epsiode so far. They're an interesting contrast to the Holmes & Watson style of Goran and Eames; a little more "blue-collar", much more convincing New Yorkers.

I agree that Dennis Farina is flat on Law & Order. I've liked him in a couple of movies, Snatch and Get Shorty, but his character hasn't distinguished himself. To be fair, though, Jerry Orbach is a hard act to follow.

Fedifensor

Explorer
I'm surprised that several people dislike Supernatural. It's the one show my wife and I watch together every week. Decent plots, and they're obviously doing some research on the various legends instead of just putting random drivel in to explain them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads