• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Old Style Rock-and-roll American Bands

Hijinks

First Post
While enjoying lunch on Saturday, we realized that there are only a couple of 70's-era old-arena style American rock bands left, one being the Eagles and I forgot what the other one was. We racked our brains all day and couldn't think of any others; he suggested Bruce Springsteen, but he's more of a single guy rather than a band, because he didn't always have the E Street Band with him. The Grateful Dead is no longer touring and all of the others seem to have broken up already.

We know there's others, but we can't think of any =\ The Brits seem to have cleaned our clocks when it comes to good old-fashioned rock-and-roll groups that are still going strong and still touring.

Can anyone think of any more?

Moulin Rogue

First Post
Aerosmith - Joe Perry released a solo album recently but Aerosmith is still together.
Cheap Trick - most recent album of new material was 2003 and they're still touring.
Journey - still around, no longer with Steve Perry though.
KISS - are not touring this year but aren't officially broken up either, and never seem to go away for long.
Styx - continues to record and tour. Canadian Larry Gowan is in the band now on vocals/keyboards.
ZZ Top - same three guys for about 35 years now!

Last edited:

KenM

Banned
Banned
I think Boston is still touring. The other band that comes to mind is Forginer(SP) but not sure if they are still together.

Moulin Rogue

First Post
Bob Seger last turned up on the newest 3 Doors Down album, but hasn't toured in years because he says he hasn't felt physically up for the long grind that touring requires.

If we are going to count solo artists, Sammy Hagar, Ted Nugent, Alice Cooper and Ronnie James Dio are all still out there.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
What else is Sammy Hagar famous for, besides his solo career?

Joke, sorta. For reasons that I don't quite get, in St. Louis he's far more popular than Van Halen, and more popular than just about anyone. Basically, what David Hasselhoff is to Germany, Sammy Hagar is to St. Louis. (Though I'm not immune to it either - I have more Sammy Hagar cds than Van Halen).

Blue Oyster Cult is still around. "On Tour Forever" (or something like it) is their slogan. If you go to their website they have dates where they'll be. The site mentions that they'll be appearing on the same bill in some places with Foghat and the Doobie Brothers.

I don't think they are on tour now, but AC/DC is still together and working on an album. They should tour for that. How these guys aren't deaf by now, I dunno, they are by far the loudest concert I've ever been to..

Robert Plant is touring for his recent album (which is kinda bleh, other than the single off of it. And I like most his other solo albums).

trancejeremy said:
I don't think they are on tour now, but AC/DC is still together and working on an album. They should tour for that. How these guys aren't deaf by now, I dunno, they are by far the loudest concert I've ever been to..

I SO want to go to their concert. However, they do very little in the US and never in New England except for maybe Hartford Conn.

Comon guys- try Albany NY You'll sell out the Pepsi for sure!

Remove ads