Old timers?

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I have been poking around again after a hiatus of about 10 years. I joined in late '99 or early 2000 - back when this was all Eric Noah's and we'd get "leaked" news about the forthcoming edition (3rd), later I came on as a mod just before Morrus took over.

I just started running two 5E campaigns and I love the rules and finding it perfect for my desire to avoid rules bloat (only using core rules, even though Xanadar's Guide is cool).

D'karr

Adventurer
I have been around for a long time. It's funny this comes up now, because I was recently going through my old miniatures and models thread. I started the thread in 2003 and occasionally updated it through 2017. It had a lot of broken image links, but I was hoping some of my tutorials were still intact - they weren't - my fault, not ENWorld's.

However, looking over the thread I saw a lot of old posters who rarely come around anymore.
Destan, D'karr, alsih2o, Ed Cha, Scorch, ledded, Holy Bovine, kengar, Old One, ConnorSB, jgbrowning, nyrfherdr, WizarDru, Teflon Billy, Breakstone, Blackdirge, frankthedm, Cthulhu's Librarian, The MadHatter, Wulf Ratbane, ButterCup, and Mike Merles and Monty Cook stopped by to comment on the terrain and miniatures. There are many more and I do keep in touch with lots of these folks in other mediums.

While I am partial to my old threads - I really miss when the Storyhour forum was crazy busy. I know streaming has pretty much replaced these, but I like the older style format.

I also miss the amount of game designers who were on ENWorld regularly interacting with us.

I semi-disappeared a while during 4e, but I have always come back.
I have been gone for a long while, and then could not get into my account, which further complicated posting. I finally recovered the account so I might post more often.

I think I first signed into ENWorld around Sept / Oct 2000, right after GenCon.

I do remember fondly @pogre Miniatures Threads and all the participants in the sculpting / casting challenge. BTW, a friend of mine did end up painting that amateur sculpt of the Warforged wizard. I have only done a few more sculpts, but my son is interested in sculpting so I'm going to have to dust off the green stuff putty.

warforged.jpg

Anyone still around from the "early" days of the site? gets out walker to move

I remember I started posting here around 2002. I don't have a high post count though compared to some.
I was around in Eric Noah’s time, though under different handles whose names I forget.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases