D&D General Ollie’s has Campaign Cases for $3 and Warriors of Krynn for $10

darjr

I crit!
I’m sure many of you have seen the reports of Ollie’s having the Creatures and Terrain Campaign Cases for $3 as well as the Warriors of Karyn board game for $10.

I’ve heard that it’s been a slow rollout so if yours didn’t have it maybe check again. Also there are reports of limits in purchases.

Finally there are also reports that these are misprints somehow? I’m not sure this is the case however. Your mileage may vary.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
What is Ollie's?
My question exactly.

oliver hardy bad gif is bad but idc GIF by Maudit

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Ouch. That goes to show how poorly those products have caught on. Some people like to pretend that a book that they don't like (say Spelljammer) have done badly when they haven't - but these products, the Campaign Cases and the Dragonlance Board Game have not caught on with the general audience.

Which is clear by just how crazy those "discounts" are. They must have quite a few to get rid of. I hope (and assume) that there won't be a lot of them offered at that price, but still! Ouch.

darjr

I crit!
Ouch. That goes to show how poorly those products have caught on. Some people like to pretend that a book that they don't like (say Spelljammer) have done badly when they haven't - but these products, the Campaign Cases and the Dragonlance Board Game have not caught on with the general audience.

Which is clear by just how crazy those "discounts" are. They must have quite a few to get rid of. I hope (and assume) that there won't be a lot of them offered at that price, but still! Ouch.
I think they were too expensive. At Gameholecon when they first came out eventually many many tables had them and used them. For portable gaming they are both fantastic.

However at $60 a box I think most people who didn’t prioritize portability passed on them.

They seem to do better at $30 or $20 and seem to fly off the shelves at $3.

There is going to be a lot of them out in the wild soon and I think a demand for monster tooen clings may, I hope, develop.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Warriors of Krynn has 389 owners on BoardGameGeek, the main site of hobby board gamers.
Those are dreadful numbers.

In comparison:
Lords of Waterdeep: 68,000+
Tyrants of the Underdark: 10,000+
Betrayal at Baldur's Gate: 9,600+

...and...
Dragon Strike (1993, TSR): 1,900 owners
Buck Rogers: Battle for the 25th Century (1988, TSR): 1,700 owners
Dragonlance (1988, TSR): 1,100 owners

The Dragonlance board game sounded like an interesting concept, but I remember asking last year if anyone else thought the idea of stopping your D&D game mid-session to setup a board game to resolve a scenario sounded like a horrible idea to anyone else. A few people seemed to disagree and I don't recall getting a lot of agreement, but I think I was probably right. That having been said, I bought the DDB bundle with it and looking through the game, it doesn't even sound like a good standalone board game. It kinda comes off as a "who is this product for?" type of problem.

Also hurting both products is a lot of folks just don't play in-person anymore so they want digital things to support the game they're actually playing.

Remove ads