D&D General Ollie’s has Campaign Cases for $3 and Warriors of Krynn for $10

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
Not necessarily from another game, but I have seen on Amazon and at my local Office Depot the same sort of "tokens" - including ones that are magnetic (Wallboard tokens). So I can see the tokens being sourced from non-toy manufacturers.
One of the things I used to really enjoy was going to a good office supply store and checking out the different odd supplies they had for use with RPGs. I remember dry erase index cards, and magnetic tokens being an option along with tons of other stuff I could repurpose. Now that I play pretty much only online, I miss that!

Ouch. That goes to show how poorly those products have caught on. Some people like to pretend that a book that they don't like (say Spelljammer) have done badly when they haven't - but these products, the Campaign Cases and the Dragonlance Board Game have not caught on with the general audience.

Which is clear by just how crazy those "discounts" are. They must have quite a few to get rid of. I hope (and assume) that there won't be a lot of them offered at that price, but still! Ouch.

Places in Canada still list Warriors of Kyrnn list it as $175 Canadian.

I can buy it off the American Amazon.com for 22usd +14usd shipping, no import fees. Even correcting for currency exchange that's a massive price drop. Roughly $48 cad total, and that includes the shipping costs from America. That less then a third of the price of my local LGS.

$10usd at this Ollie means this products is the biggest failure in 5e, there will be no sequels or other offshoots of this broad game. That's bad news for Birthright. It's bad for Dragonlance too.

Retreater

Legend
$10usd at this Ollie means this products is the biggest failure in 5e, there will be no sequels or other offshoots of this broad game. That's bad news for Birthright. It's bad for Dragonlance too.
Well, we're not seeing the Dragonlance campaign adventure there or the Dragonlance novels. I think the board game would have been in a similar situation had it been branded to go along with Spelljammer

Remathilis

Legend
Places in Canada still list Warriors of Kyrnn list it as $175 Canadian.

I can buy it off the American Amazon.com for 22usd +14usd shipping, no import fees. Even correcting for currency exchange that's a massive price drop. Roughly $48 cad total, and that includes the shipping costs from America. That less then a third of the price of my local LGS.

The game is a bunch of scenarios that are adjacent to the module, but not necessary. It doesn't work well as a separate product and it's a very expensive supplement to a single module.

I made several trips to my local Ollie’s last month, hoping to snag the campaign cases, but I came up empty-handed. Then earlier today, there were a bunch set out in an end-cap display. I now have one of each case (plus the Warriors of Krynn which I picked up last month).

Now I just have to figure out how to open the dang things…
The closure flap folds over the rope handles with a cutout so the handle helps keep the case from opening.

Remove ads