• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Ollie’s has Campaign Cases for $3 and Warriors of Krynn for $10

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I don't expect anyone went "under" or out of business. I expect it's big retailers like Wal-Mart or Target realizing they over-ordered stock and need to get them out of warehouses.
Which does reflect somewhat on how well the individual items are selling/not selling.
Otherwise, you wouldn't have cases of the same model of an action figure. If it was a single store that went out of business, one Ollies would have 5-6 of the same item. In this case, it's nearly every Ollies in North America having cases and cases of the same model.
Both Target and Walmart shuttered dozens of stores this year. So did several other companies that could carry these products (the drug stores carry action figures and board games).

So, we don't really know where the stock came from.

Deep discount stores have existed for the entire life of Hasbro.

While appearing at a liquidator doesn't mean that a product was a failure, I have a hunch that in this case it does. There never seemed to be any enthusiasm for these products anywhere I usually see people talk about D&D stuff.

darjr

I crit!
While appearing at a liquidator doesn't mean that a product was a failure, I have a hunch that in this case it does. There never seemed to be any enthusiasm for these products anywhere I usually see people talk about D&D stuff.
They flooded Gameholecon as soon as people found them. For a dm that needs portability they are fantastic.

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
Seeing a lot of people discovering Ollie’s for the first time.
Oh, I adore it. I go to random ones and get the books; I got the only Jewish religious preapocalyptic thriller (like End of Days but Jewish!) I've ever seen, and a nice Van Gogh coffee table book my mom adores. And, of course, dirt cheap.

Brandonfisher

Villager
The nearest Ollie is an hour away. Very tempted to drive up there and check bc I would definitely pick up several at that price. But damn it sure would be disappointing to get there and then not have it.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I think I have found my new favorite store. ;)

366088436_1134173004618100_4173121111602531135_n.jpg

Here were the many boxes of Warriors of Krynn and the Campaign Cases

406222356_278767291393705_7435757266246550189_n.jpg

I also filled my cart with a ton of other cheap stuff I needed like thermal socks and underwear, a small nonstick skillet, scented candles, some board books for my daughter, and more!

406066597_1454957121733106_2028686263467571401_n.jpg

And finally here is the D&D stuff when I got it home. Two copies of the game (one for me and one for a friend) and four campaign cases (two terrain cases for me, and one creatures and one terrain for a friend who recently started DMing)
406171128_758249386140711_4590175440193334561_n.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads