Olympics: Who is watching?

I've been watching a good amount. I will happily admit to enjoying the Olympics quite a bit. The amazing things these athletes can perform is more than enough to hold my interest for a couple of weeks, and I enjoy a bit of good, old-fashioned patriotism.

The overall coverage has been fine, but there have been few horribly amateur mistakes (like forgetting to show Alexandra Raisman's score for her floor routine). I'm looking forward to the track-and-field stuff, and I hope to catch a few of the more esoteric sports.

Agamon

Adventurer
Meh, not much into the summer games. I haven't watched much.

That said, I have trouble changing the channel when women's beach volleyball is on. Can't quite put my finger on why.... :angel:

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Watching a lot and loving it - especially cycling, rowing & swimming events, but The BBC has put in some really tremendous support for the events - on any day I can watch any event I want to live on TV (and their ipad/iphone app gives access too, I think), so I see some of the lesser known sports that don't normally get airtime too.

I'm sorry for you guys in America who seem to be getting a somewhat bastardised version of stuff on TV.

I really regret not having been able to get tickets to any of the events - I'd love to be in London at the moment (my wife was at a basketball session last Sunday and the atmosphere both travelling and at the event was wonderful).

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
how about boxing...talk about being fixed. Did you see the fight between Japan and Azerbaijan! Good to see the ref being kicked out and then reversing the outcome.

Wycen

Explorer
The geek in me long ago defeated the sports enthusiast, but for some reason the Olympics I like to watch. Always like the opening ceremony and I try to watch the less televised sports like archery, fencing, etc.

The overall coverage has been fine, but there have been few horribly amateur mistakes (like forgetting to show Alexandra Raisman's score for her floor routine).

After today, I've decided to downgrade my review of NBC's coverage from "fine" to "borderline incompetent". The best I can figure is that they just plain forgot that coverage of the Olympics is supposed to be a news program, and instead decided to produce it as a drama.

Orius

Legend
I'm sorry for you guys in America who seem to be getting a somewhat bastardised version of stuff on TV.

Calling NBC's coverage "bastardized" is an insult to bastards! :lol:

After today, I've decided to downgrade my review of NBC's coverage from "fine" to "borderline incompetent". The best I can figure is that they just plain forgot that coverage of the Olympics is supposed to be a news program, and instead decided to produce it as a drama.

It's an attempt to grab more women viewers. They're less interested in the actual competitions, and more interesting in the various human interest story bits NBC keeps running. It apparently works, since the number of women watching the Olympics on NBC is apparently on the rise.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
...And of course there is the turning the Everwatching eye into a mascot...

Is it just me, or does anybody else wonder every time they show a shot of The London Eye, that there just has to be a Torchwood base underneath it...?:D

BTW, The London Eye is a horrible name. Why didn't it just remain The Millenium Wheel...? Then it could have remained cousins with the Millenium Falcon.:cool:

Remove ads