D&D (2024) One D&D Playtest Expert Classes survey is up! Update! Now due Nov 23rd.

darjr

I crit!
Update. Now due Nov 23rd.
A3771722-3C5B-4300-B044-B0814B896E8C.jpeg

Open until Nov 10th. Now open till Nov 23rd. The Expert Classes playtest survey is live.
C2AC7321-D435-4A2A-B4DB-0224FB737E4C.jpeg

Last edited:

DnD Warlord

Adventurer
was this fast? like I know I just found out but it looks like this was out less then 2 months? how can even the most hard core 'gets to play every week' gamer make it through more then a small handful of levels in 2 months?

was this fast? like I know I just found out but it looks like this was out less then 2 months? how can even the most hard core 'gets to play every week' gamer make it through more then a small handful of levels in 2 months?
I am going to guess you didnt see the first one, 3-4 weeks seems to be all we will get. I feel In MY opinion it is more spin and public advertisement then playtest at this point.

OB1

Jedi Master
Took me a solid 20 minutes to complete. @GMforPowergamers I agree that the playtest is primarily about change management and advertising, but I also think that the results of the surveys will have an effect on the final game in 2024. I think there are things they are certain they want to adjust, but quite a bit that they are truly testing audience reaction to see if it should be changed/included.

Took me a solid 20 minutes to complete.
took me only a little longer, this was a good length but not super long one.
@GMforPowergamers I agree that the playtest is primarily about change management and advertising, but I also think that the results of the surveys will have an effect on the final game in 2024.
I agree. I don't think they are chucking the results in a bin. I think they are more feeling out what they can and can't change. I imagine (and this is pure speculation) they have a 'we playtested and this is what we want to release' version about half done maybe first draft maybe more... and 'here are some changes we aren't sure about' and the feed back we give will massage that.
If we all vote "I hate the bard!" it doesn't matter what they have written they will make changes (just an example I don't hate the bard). but they will be small changes, we are seeing the overall layout and concepts that are already in gear.

OB1

Jedi Master
My strongest negative feedback in the survey was around the new Nat1 Heroic Inspiration (which my group rejected completly after loving the Playtest 1 Nat20/Crit rules) and the new Investigation/Search/Influence Actions, which I feel are unnecessary and too codified. I gave strong a strongly positive review to Expert Class grouping in general and the Ranger specifically, and while I think the Bard and Rogue are fine, I'm not sure they are 'better' than the 2014 versions, just different.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases