D&D 5E One Shot: Legends are Made, not Born (IC)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Skulltop Hillock
Morning

Damn it! “Magic!” Milady warned the others as the fog cloud obscured the pale, scrawny wizard from view. “I hate magic. Can someone get rid of this?”

Milady tossed her torch into the center of the room, hoping its light would maybe give her some shadow to track by, and so she wasn’t revealed in turn by its light. Then she drew her rapier and crossbow and made for the left hand wall, moving slowly and carefully along, peering and listening for the wizard.

OOC: Since he didn’t make a Hide action, I’m assuming I can find him, per the Hide rules.

She heard shuffling off to the right and turned, stabbing out with rapier and firing her crossbow.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Rapier attack
Rapier attack and damage: 2D20.LOW(1)+5 = [16, 10]+5 = 15
1D8+3 = [6]+3 = 9

Move: Southeast square from Suto
Dex save: 1D20+3 = [16]+3 = 19
Bonus Action: Crossbow attack
Hand crossbow attack and damage: 2D20.LOW(1)+7 = [3, 12]+7 = 10
1D6+3 = [4]+3 = 7

Free Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Milady’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 15
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Init: +3
PP: 10
PI: 12
Bolts: 39 Used: 1
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+1)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Ogre gemstone (Milady)
Black bear pelt (Milady)
[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Im going to assume Keen Mind works this way, unless told otherwise.
OOC:

Badger only got a glance at the room before it was filled with fog, but that’s all he needed. He burst forward with the determination of a much younger man, moving blindly through the fog, but knowing exactly where everything was. His photographic memory was the reason he’d passed his wizard exams all those years ago.

He got as close as he could, avoiding the hole, before holding his rod out and sending a wave of fire at the upstart wizard.

OOC: Burning Hands. DC 13 Dex save or take [roll0] fire damage, half on success, and anything flammable in the area is ignited.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Not seeing the wizard that was casting a spell just moments before, Snorri decides that the best tactic for him is to help his allies.

"Dumathoin, please keep these good people safe," the dwarf mutters, and a faint, multifaceted glow crowns their heads for only an instant.

OOC: Casting Bless on my three allies: You bless up to three creatures of your choice within range. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Watch out with those flames! Mi'Lady is there somewhere." Hassan yells at the foggy shadow image of Badger that can be seen in the light of the spell he cast. The paladin steps up gingerly and uses the length of his weapon to his advantage.

Not wishing to strike Mi'Lady as well, and being mindful of the pit Hassan's swing is off.

OOC: Hassan atk: [roll0]
disadvantage [roll1]
bless [roll2]
dmg [roll3]
Suto save [roll4]
50% chance Mi"lady caught by burning hands spell [roll5]
No need to roll save she is safe.

[sblock=Map]
00_below cave _6.jpg[/sblock]

EarlyBird

Explorer
The wizard speaks arcane words but in the dense fog no one is able to see what he is doing. After that he yells seemingly down into the pit.

"Help me! You said you'd help me!"

OOC: Party is up

tglassy

Adventurer
Badger hears the wizard call out, and remembering the layout of the room, spins his rod around and points at the ground where the hole is supposed to be, causing a roar of fire to appear there. Just in case.

OOC: Cant do much if I can’t see, so I’m trying to use Keen Mind to help him “see a spot on the ground”. He saw it, and remembers everything he sees perfectly, so I’d like to try to cast Bonfire on the hole.

DC 13 Dex save or take [roll0] fire damage, and again at the end of each turn.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Skulltop Hillock
Morning

Hearing the wizard yell something, Milady targeted him again with her rapier and crossbow combination.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Rapier attack
Rapier attack and damage blind: 2D20.LOW(1)+5 = [6, 11]+5 = 11
1D8+3 = [2]+3 = 5

Move:
Bonus Action: Crossbow attack
Hand crossbow attack and damage blind: 2D20.LOW(1)+7 = [12, 20]+7 = 19
1D6+3 = [1]+3 = 4

Free Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Milady’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 15
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Init: +3
PP: 10
PI: 12
Bolts: 39 Used: 2
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+1)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Ogre gemstone (Milady)
Black bear pelt (Milady)
[/sblock]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Still not seeing anything, Snorri drops his hammer to the ground and grabs his shield with both hands, moving it up and down in a fan-like manner, trying to disperse the mist in front of him. He tries to keep the wizard ahead of himself, hoping to discover the mage before he casts another spell.

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Needs some rolls then I'll update...
DEX save [roll0]
Hassan Atk: [roll1]
dmg: [roll2]

Mi'Lady notices her sword finds only air, but smirks at the cry of pain that the bolt she just fired delivers to the wizard. Badger drops a bonfire down the pit and the light from the magical fire can be seen exiting the hole in the floor.

Trying his hardest Snorri makes no headway on the magical fog that seems to return as quickly as he tries to move it away. Hassan lunges at the wizard once more, just as a large humaniod shadow starts to form up along the wall and up towards the ceiling, it has long arms and a huge wingspan coming from its back.

EarlyBird

Explorer
There is a crunch and a gurgle, and the wizard falls under Hassan's glavie. The area goes quiet for a second as the group looks on at the huge shadow in the mist. Then the fog starts to dissipate and the group readies their weapons for what they may find...

... and standing on the lip of the pit is a small (almost 1' tall) demon like creature with horns, wings, and it clutches a small scroll in one hand.

Quasit.jpg "Umm... hello," it says taken aback by being seen. "Goodbye." it adds before vanishing.

Remove ads