D&D General One thing I hate about the Sorcerer

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
If you cannot show in the game where it says that this is a world where fantastical things are just possible by normal people with good physical training, I have no obligation to accept that as anything other than personal preference not supported by 5e.

Seriously, why are so many people against just putting something they clearly believe in in the book?
Because then it would be contradicting those people who want their game to have the opposite narrative.

The game is a tool for communication between all the participants. I don’t need it to function as the arbiter of truth for my groups’ narratives.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Because then it would be contradicting those people who want their game to have the opposite narrative.

The game is a tool for communication between all the participants. I don’t need it to function as the arbiter of truth for my groups’ narratives.
Fair enough. So your belief on the subject is no more valid than mine.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Why would I ever think my own idea is more valid than anyone else's? Validity isn't really a useful concept.

I think my idea is better, in that it enables the more high-fantasy epicness I prefer, but that's just an aesthetic preference.
I was hearing a lot of insistence that I was wrong while there is no actual evidence that the opinions of others in this matter are any more valid than mine are.

Remove ads