• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oni's doodles [Update: 08/11/04, or Playing Hero.]

Oni

First Post
Ack, still no new traditional fantasy images. Hellboy on the other hand has continued to demand attention, so I'll post these for lack of anything else right now (Hey, Hellboy does have his own rpg now). :)

Just some more sketches.

Attachments

• Hellboy.jpg
    Hellboy.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 101
  • HBRobinAlucard.jpg
    HBRobinAlucard.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 111

doghead

thotd
Hey Oni.

Nice pics. I really liked the zombies. Threads like this have got me drawing again. Its all pretty rough, but I starting to get the pose (weighting and balance). Woot!

Oni said:
Well, no harm in trying. Feel free to give 'em and I may or may not do something with it based on my free time and whimsy. It's a crap shoot really, but what have you got to lose.

I've just started a PbP game for low level characters (see sig - nameless). At the moment they are in the Town Guard and I have been fiddling around with costumes and images for them - chain shirt or leather, shield, mace or shortsword, some longbows. And those broad-brimmed helms, like the British wore in WWII. Not many images of town guard types around. Would love to see your take on them if you are interested.

cheers

the head of the dog.

Oni

First Post
I live....again.

*crawls out from under huge pile of schoolwork*

It's a self-portrait. I could be an NPC, don't I look like the trustworthy sort of noble. :)

Technical information. This was done of strathmore 5ply plate finish bristol. This stuff is tough enough and slick enough that as long as you have a layer of gouache for a ground and be careful with the overly staining colours you can work subtractively in watercolour, it's pretty easy to go back and make changes and pick out highlights, stuff that you don't normally do in watercolour. Good stuff, though patience is required.

Attachments

• KingMe.jpg
    KingMe.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 78

Oni

First Post
Whooo-haaa, an update.

Today I did a bunch of sketching with some friends. We'd spout off a random superhero name and then sketch something to go with it. Here are a couple of the ones I liked best. The Disco Bandit, Death Sparrow, The Iron Chef, Tennisball Diablo (ok, we were scraping the bottem of the barrel, but I like the picture.

Attachments

• Tennisball_Diablo.jpg
    Tennisball_Diablo.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Iron_Chef.jpg
    Iron_Chef.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Death_Sparrow.jpg
    Death_Sparrow.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Disco_Bandit.jpg
    Disco_Bandit.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 74

Oni

First Post
Something else I did today, but fantasy oriented. Idea I had for a character for a story (which'll probably never get done, but hey). He's a mysterious figure that has a tendency to pop up near important events, known such descriptive names as the Ragman or the like.

Attachments

• Ragman.jpg
    Ragman.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 83

Targeteron

Explorer
Oni, some of your stuff is truly amazing. I love the "rag man" great pose and the clothing came out great. Bjorn is another of my favorites. Also i am planning to use your Zombiepictures for a creepy collage for when my players come into the town of the dead. And congratulations, you have been promoted to the rank "Thainlord of Neruch`Dhar". Your selfportrait just hit the right spot when i needed a picture for the leader of the kingdom my players are in. :D

Keep on drawing!

Oni

First Post
Thanks for the kind words, and glad to hear you're getting some use out of my pics.

Heh, always knew I was destined for greatness. :p

Oni

First Post
More sketches, whoohoo.

Couple of demonics looking entities and perhaps the lady responsible for them. Or maybe they're somthing else, who's to say.

Attachments

• longtuskedplainstrider.jpg
    longtuskedplainstrider.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 64
  • jackalope.jpg
    jackalope.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 63
  • feathersfirechains.jpg
    feathersfirechains.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 75

Targeteron

Explorer
Ohhhh me likes! The Ogre/Drider is interesting. Have to use that somehow.

The next thing is just... weird but in a good way. A Werewolf/bat with antlers. You are currentyl doing "chimeras" it seems? Strong pose and great facial expression on that one.

Finally the Sorceress. Very interesting use of different components (feathers, chains and fire). Makes her look really unique. Is it me or is this women totally nuts? Thats at least what the eyes tell me :)

Great work like always.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads