• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oni's doodles [Update: 08/11/04, or Playing Hero.]

Oni

First Post
Just pretend this is for OA. (OK, it's actually Baiken from Guilty Gear, but hey.)

Hopefully get some new stuff done soon. Did this a short while ago in photoshop just to see if I could get a decent semi-painted sort of look (I found using Photoshop this way to be a pain in the butt though, ugh). This is as far as I got before my sanity started to wear.

Always loved her character design (which I reiterate isn't mine), very tempted to make a one armed samurai dnd character now....wonder how that would work...

Attachments

• Baiken.jpg
    Baiken.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 255

Kai Lord

Hero
Holy crap, I just viewed this thread for the first time. Great stuff. I love the sketches and watercolors.

Hey weren't you entertaining the idea of drawing my character at one point? ;)

Oni

First Post
I had this idea of making this naga-like race one the primary races in a campaign (dear god, I think I'm going to be DMing again), something a little different that could be a PC race (haven't really worked out stats yet, but nothing published will really work quite right since I'm hoping to shoot for ECL +0 or +1)

Anyway this is just a really rough sketch I did tonight while I was watching some anime. I thought it looked cool so I thought I'd post it since it's sometimes fun to see different points in the process. I think i'm going to carry this all the way through to a finished pic, though I'm not sure what medium yet though for some reason digital has been really appealing to me lately.

Attachments

• NagaRough.jpg
    NagaRough.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 210

Oni

First Post
This is just another rough sketch I did. Maybe I'm weird but I think women with tattoos are sexy. Hence a sorceress with tattoos running up her arm, nothing deeper than that.

Attachments

• sorceress.jpg
    sorceress.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 193

Oni

First Post
Reposting from the weekly workshop thread for safekeeping.

The spell, Fly, I think we take it for granted as players. But can you imagine what it must be like for some young spellcaster when they finally unlock its secrets and cast it for the first time, what it's like the to go aloft for the first time? I can only imagine it's a feeling of either mind numbing terror or one of pure elation. Anyway that's my inspiration.

Technical stuff. Underdrawing/linkwork was done in brown col-erase pencil. Covered by a tea wash. Coloured with water colour, white gouache, and coloured pencil.

Attachments

• airborne.jpg
    airborne.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 204

Serpenteye

First Post
Beautiful :)

I have another suggestion for your next project. An old character of mine, the Half-fiend Troll Nurthrak.

He's 9'3", 538 pounds, appears mostly like a Troll but carries himself straighter than most Trolls and his nose isn't nearly as droopy or oversized as most troll's noses. There's a distinct fiendish influence in his features, his eyes are sinister yellow slits, he has two small horns on his brow. Oversized jaws, with razor sharp ridges along their edges, that give him an almost perpetual toothy grin. His skin is dark gray (much like the background color of this post) with darker scales growing in patches. His hair is thick and black, usually clean, and kept combed back with some strands falling forwards into his face. He has no wings.

Nurthrak is thoroughly evil, he's an intelligent treacherous schemer, and he loves to feast on the flesh of his enemies while they are still alive, taking pleasure in prolonging their agony. He's got grand ambitions, and he does what he can to appear both terrifying and impressive.

He wears an beautiful but evil-looking Mithril Full Plate (helmetless most of the time), a magical ring, belt, headband and a black cloak. His best weapons are his deadly claws and bite.

STR 34 (28) DEX 16 CON 24 INT 14 WIS 12 CHA 12

Oni

First Post
Most of my drawing time has been given over to doing school stuff now so I really haven't been able to do much in the way for this thread.

This is just a doodle I did of a new character I'm playing in my friday night game at my local gaming club. A lot of middle eastern influence in the culture and look. I think he's going to be lots of fun, doesn't he look lot's of fun?

Attachments

• akavar.jpg
    akavar.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 120

Oni

First Post
Hurm, this thread needs a bumpin'.

Well, haven't been doing much in the fantasy vein lately, but hopefully that will be changing soon. However in the meantime, I'll leave you with one of my fantasy crossovers, fit right well in modern style game. A doodle I did to keep from passing out in class.

In the front is Hellboy from the comic of the same name. He's a demon that works for the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense. Next is Robin from the anime Witch Hunter Robin. She's a witch that works for STN-J, a branch of Solomon. Bringing up the rear is Alucard from the Hellsing manga. He's a vampire that works for The Order Royal Protestant Knighs, aka. The Hellsing Agency.

Given these characters typical approach to things, I figure they'll be leaving a trail of mayhem and destruction in their wake shortly. :)

Attachments

• DreamTeam.jpg
    DreamTeam.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 118

Ferret

Explorer
Wow nice pictures! I can't think of anything to suggest, unless you want to Torben my gnome ranger? Or a Half-gnoll?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads