• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oni's doodles [Update: 08/11/04, or Playing Hero.]

dave_o

Explorer
Sooooooooo good.

*salivate*

I'm sorta intimdated when I'm gonna be majoring in Visual Art, with people like you around. :D

Oni

First Post
Zombies!

Yes, that's right, zombies are awesome. And so I'm going to post a couple pages of doodles from my sketchbook of zombies. You know why zombies are one of the coolest undead around, it's because they're as varied as the people they're made from. It's almost an Utopian idea where people of types and walks of life come together and eat the brains of the living.

Attachments

• zombies01.jpg
    zombies01.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 168
  • zombies02.jpg
    zombies02.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

Vaxalon

First Post
Very nice work, Oni, very nice indeed.

Do you work PDF projects for a share of the proceeds, rather than up-front money?

Oni

First Post
Thankyou, first of all.

As for your question, that is something I would have to consider on a case by case basis. It would depend on the project and the terms.

Oni

First Post
This one was done on a whim, and very quickly. I just started with a new group online, run by an old friend of mine. I wanted to show everyone what my character looked like, so I drew and this while I was playing and slapped some colour on it fast in photoshop while flipping back and forth between windows over the course of about and hour and a half.

This is the mage Brenner. A wanderer and a ladies man. See the scar under his eye, he got that leaping out of the mayor's daughter's bedroom window. His master gave him a ring of featherfall (said thats what he used in his day) then kicked him out/ encouraged him to flee promptly.

Attachments

• brenner.jpg
    brenner.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 301

alsih2o

First Post
i cannot remmeber if i have stated it before, and it is a giant thread to look through, but i really like your style oni. we should trade soem time :)

Oni

First Post
alsih2o said:
i cannot remmeber if i have stated it before, and it is a giant thread to look through, but i really like your style oni. we should trade soem time :)

Thanks.

A trade would be cool, we'll have to work something out sometime.

Oni

First Post
KaeYoss said:
One question: are you taking suggestions? ;)

Well, no harm in trying. Feel free to give 'em and I may or may not do something with it based on my free time and whimsy. It's a crap shoot really, but what have you got to lose.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Oni said:
Well, no harm in trying. Feel free to give 'em and I may or may not do something with it based on my free time and whimsy. It's a crap shoot really, but what have you got to lose.

Nothing, after I saw your "quick doodles" and how they are quite good actually, and certainly much better than what I could do after several hours.

The Character I'd love to have drawn is
Antaros Dlardrageth, Fey'Ri Spy / Assassin in Gold Elf Disguise

Short description: Antar (the "Name" of his Gold Elf Disguise) is a good looking (Cha 18/22 Now), rapier wielding, rakish Gold Elf Swashbuckler. His hair is woven into a pony-tail, his face usually displays a pleasant smile, and his clothing is elegant (he wears a mithral chain shirt, uses a buckler, and the rapier. The cloak goes without asking, of course).

Antaros in his real disguise, manages to look both the same as and differant from his guise: his skin is deep red instead of bronce (his black hair is the same) and his golden eyes start to glow red. He gets the long, batlike tail and batlike wings normal with his kind. The smile, though it doesn't change, looks menacing in his "new" face.

I'd be content with a drawing of an elven swashbuckler in an usual swashbucklling/fighting pose, smiling. My "dream picture" would sport a profile of his real face in large behind the above-mentioned drawing of the swashbuckler, maybe witht he wings outlined/suggested (in the style of the popular "shadow photographs")

Antaros competed in Kai Lords "Todd Lockwood" Contest, but unfortunately, he didn't make it (though he passed the first thinning of the herd).

Remove ads