D&D 5E [OOC] Adventures in Ashwell: The Edge of Dispater

BeaniBum

Explorer
Dhamion used to live in ashwell before it fell as a child he was out running some errands when the earthquake struck his families house sank into the ground with his entire family in it. Above and young he had to cling to people looking for handouts and help as he grew. He one day met an old fighter who taught him the art of combat and how to protect himself. Dhamion grew attached to this man and lived with him for years growing closer as time went on but the old man sadly died in his sleep one night some many years later leaving Dhamion his house and fortune behind. Dhamion moved by the passing of his mentor and haunted by the struggles of his past leaves the house in the care of his dwarven friend Casteel and strives to return to his hometown in an attempt to find his families house, figure out if they really died, and help protect the citizens in Ashwell along the way.
He is proficient in animal handling, history, intimidation, and performance.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Thinking about background, I'd like him to be from a seaside town on a cliff. He spent his youth climbing the cliffs collecting eggs from birds that nest there, and selling them in the market. He also spent time on boats, developing balance.

Ebhan Ayomani (Eh-van Ah-YO-mah-ney)

He's a rogue by talents, but he's no thief. In the present, he's a struggling merchant with a wife and one on the way.
He considers the adventure his way out of "poverty" (although they do okay) and as legacy for his child.

I am typing on a phone so I hope it's okay if I leave a lot to the imagination.

Stats should look 10/16/12/14/12/12
(I think, just did it in my head - is it +1 to all or +2 to one and +1 to another?)

Could I get a climb speed of 10 or some kind of wall-running as a trait?

All on approval, naturally.

Sent from my LG-D852 using EN World mobile app

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I've caught up on the game. If we get me put together reasonably quick, I could, lije the kids, be slowly working my way deeper into the underground looking for a payoff.

He's desperate to make something better of himself, unsatisfied with his already moderate successes.

I imagine him the son of a fisherman. BTW, if my human race choice doesn't work, feel free to give me a better one. He's kind of working out to feel a bit greek-ish. Also, I expect his small business is local (mostly run by his wife, a very capable woman who would rather he was just happy with how things are and not risk his life) so maybe he should be of the local stock, or a not too recent immigrant.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
My stats up there are three short (at +1 human per) so they should be 12/16/12/14/12/13. He's a pretty well-rounded guy.

Before I get too carried away, I guess I should make sure it's official. Am I in?

I should also warn: never played PBP before. Just 30 years of IRL. Using a phone, so my ability to do funky fornatting is limited (as is my knowledge of protocols).

I will try to keep up, though.

Game looks interesting so far!

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Protocol are pretty simple:
- respect others and their right to play their characters
- try to check once a day or so, post as you can
- if you will be offline for extended period, announce it in advance
- don't include actions of other PCs in your post that would assume their reaction

Example:
I describe throwing fireball over everyone foes and allies alike. And I say you jump aside and roll, paladin raises his shield etc...that makes your character roll aside (when you may want him to keep the flanking position and decide he would weather the fire as best as he can)

On the other hand, try not to go on your own tangent because side quests for a lone wolf are hard to do in PbP because...well...duration, you make everyone else wait until that is resolved. It is possible, but you should talk about it beforehand.

BeaniBum

Explorer
2 questions
1. How do you use the dice roller
2. I should probably put my sheet after I clean it up in the rogue right?

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Azurewraith

Explorer
The two accepted ways of rolling are using the built in roller with [roll1dx+x[/roll] closing both sets of brackets. Its pretty basic and can't be edited if you make a mistake or fail to type it correctly. The other method is using http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/

And pasting the resulting link its got all sorts of funky codes to put in.

I would let [MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION] go over your sheet first he will likely have some alterations to add to help your character fit into world.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
2 questions
1. How do you use the dice roller
2. I should probably put my sheet after I clean it up in the rogue right?

You can generally use any online roller as long as it can be tracked (to prevent cheating). I don't know if DMs actually control user rolls, but it is common to use such tool.
Or write {roll=Roll Name}NdX+Y{/roll}

Replace {}with []

EDIT: Ninjaed by Azurewraith :)

Remove ads