D&D 5E [OOC] Adventures in Ashwell: The Edge of Dispater

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION], would you please send me a PM detailing the inquisitor role. I'm willing to try it, but will need some info - status and reputation mostly, but if you know who do I work for or anything else that could be important...

I'm assuming it is fairly hidden position - no point in advertising that the inquisitor comes to visit.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hey [MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION], I'd like to lobby for a slightly better, beefed up, trait, because prestigiditation as a cantrip + comprehend languages as a wizard ritual (already on the cleric's spell list) is rather "meh" as a trait.

If acceptable to you, and this would only be useful at later levels, I ask that my character's cleric level be counted when determining his ability to cast wizard rituals. Since I'm planning to only take one level of cleric, this means that at even wizard levels, he'll be able to cast wizard rituals 1 level higher.

Power-wize, this will be very minor, but for this to be of any use, I request that he have the ability to pick 1 ritual spell 1 level higher when he levels up in an even wizard level. This means that he will be able to "discover" 1 ritual 1 level higher than he has slots for, at wizard level 2,4, 6, etc. and will only be able to cast these as rituals.

Mechanically, it's like having the ritual caster (wizard) feat, with the ability to pick 1 ritual 1 level higher as one of the 2 wizard spells gained/level. Since he will be a cleric 1/wizard X, it's a very minor perk, but satisfying for me.

So the arcane initiate trait would be summarized as follows:
- 1 basic non-damaging wizard cantrip to show training in the arcane arts (prestigiditation)
- spellbook, with 1 weak wizard ritual (comprehend languages)
- 1 level of initial non-wizard class counts as wizard when determining level of wizard rituals that can be cast
- when leveling up in wizard, one of the two spells per level gained can be a ritual that the wizard can cast as a ritual, even if 1 level higher than what the wizard can currently cast using spell slots (applicable at wizard level 2,4,6,..., for a ritual level 3,5,7,... respectively)

OK?

Thanks and cheers,

SG

Creamsteak

Explorer
Hey [MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION], I'd like to lobby for a slightly better, beefed up, trait, because prestigiditation as a cantrip + comprehend languages as a wizard ritual (already on the cleric's spell list) is rather "meh" as a trait.

I wouldn't straight up compare them like they should have a certain power level, though I don't disagree, though my intent was to expand on it later.

If acceptable to you, and this would only be useful at later levels, I ask that my character's cleric level be counted when determining his ability to cast wizard rituals. Since I'm planning to only take one level of cleric, this means that at even wizard levels, he'll be able to cast wizard rituals 1 level higher.

That's fine.

Creamsteak

Explorer
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] I have a trait for you based on your background, not directly related to the inquisitor thing but just related to your origin story, but I can't tell you about it. Not immediately. You'll have to have something happen that clues you in. Is that alright with you?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] I have a trait for you based on your background, not directly related to the inquisitor thing but just related to your origin story, but I can't tell you about it. Not immediately. You'll have to have something happen that clues you in. Is that alright with you?

Sure! More fun :)

Matthan

Explorer
My apologies to the group. The last few days I have been absolutely slammed and didn't have the time to work on finishing up the character. I will try to finish him asap.

Remove ads