(OOC) DND 3.5 The Flames of War

doghead

thotd
Tracking and clue-finding...not his job.<snip>
Drinking and carousing?
But the farmer...Edmund joins the farmer as he looks around for suitable rock or stump to sit down.
"Hello, good sir, we are sorry for your loss. We're barons men. We can track those who did this, but we can help first."
He puts a strong hand on mans shoulder and guides him to a place to sit.
"It will not get you family back, but we can avenge them. Tell us what you can about the attack."
OOC: he has to work for it to appear as strong as he wants to project
I had to read this a few times, but I think that the farmer is dead.

thotd

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Hm, my understanding was that he was leaning on the scythe looking at the fire...

EDIT: re-read. The man LIES in soot
a soot covered man clenching on to his scythe. His body still as ash congeals with blood all around him,

MEA CULPA, correcting

Last edited:

Neurotic

@doghead for the next level you should take melee two weapon fighting because Taran needs flanking buddy and I too am ranged (and I don't have the option to go melee with STR 8)

OneCrappy DM

Explorer
Sorry if that was unclear but yes Farmer Giles was found dead, Byron has entered into force march hitting 16 miles of overland travel in a day. I will only need two survival checks for Eos to track and one fortitude saving Throw for Byron, you can also track at full speed taking a -5 on the check. The tracks seem easy enough to follow but is it worth it?

doghead

thotd
Sorry if that was unclear but yes Farmer Giles was found dead, Byron has entered into force march hitting 16 miles of overland travel in a day. I will only need two survival checks for Eos to track and one fortitude saving Throw for Byron, you can also track at full speed taking a -5 on the check. The tracks seem easy enough to follow but is it worth it?
NP. Conveying what is in your head into words is always a challenge.

So, looks like Byron has decided it is worth it. Will Track at half speed to allow other to remain in position/range.

I will add a second track check to the IC thread OOC.

thotd.

doghead

thotd
So, after nearly two decades of PbP, I would say I have seen plenty of games die through lack of posting [1], but none through excessive posting.

The point, my approach to PbP is post whenever I have the time or see an opening. That said, if I jump in early, just cut in and say so. Absolutely no hard feelings at this end. I can re-edit my posts to reflect.

[1] And more drepressingly, post action reports often indicate players responding "I was waiting for such and such to post". Moral of the storey, if in doubt, post.

thotd

Neurotic

OOC: I'm not sure we will have time to both bury the dead AND find the bandits this same day. Even shallow graves take time. But I guess, we can lose 1 hour for that while Eos and Edmund go over the tracks and find general direction to go?

Remove ads