OOC - Fiend's Embrace - D&D One-Shot Adventure

wmasters

First Post
Terrin Parker, Human Bard

I've expanded the concept for my Bard as promised, which is detailed below. As far as the numbers etc go, as well as the feats and spells outlined above, I'll be looking at some skill in: Bluff, Diplomacy, Knowledge: local, geography, history.

Of course, if any of this doesn't fit well with the campaign it can be adjusted.

Background

The youngest of three, Terrin and his brother and sister were fortunate to have a privaledged upbringing. His family could afford him some level of education, and from a young age he was taught to read was often found with his nose in a book. His father was an advisor to a local noble, tasked with meeting many of the dignatories from other lands, and Terrin used to be fascinated by the stories he used to tell of strange lands and people.

He is his brother and sister used to play in the market, harassing both merchants and customers alike, asking where they were from and what it was like. His interest continued through into his education, learning of the history, geography and lore of local places.

From a young age, Terrin knew that he wanted to travel and see the world for himself, wanting it to be more than just stories. Tales of bandits and troubles on the road were not uncommon, and Terrin learnt skills to help allies in times of trouble, as well as to defend himself. His father's stories had taught him of the importance of politics and relations, and he was quick to learn to skills of diplomacy and to use his talents to influence people's reaction to him.

He set out from home with a merchant travelling the lands, intending to see the world, working as one of the caravan's guards. In this role he saw several cities, and people unlike those he had ever come across before. The merchants route was relatively small though, and Terrin's drive for adventure and exploration has lead him to look to go to new lands and meet different people with different customs.

Appearance

Terrin is a vibrant young man with cropped blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes which gleam with life. At 6ft he is reasonably tall and quite slender, lanky almost. Friends and strangers alike are greeted with a disarming smile, and firm handshake. Terrin wears a chain shirt over his travelling clothes, and carries a longsword at his waist.

Last edited:

Amazing Triangle

First Post
Zekk's life in adventuring started simply enough working at a bodyguard to Countess De Farthan. That was until he found out that she was killing commers to raise zombie minions. Zekk took out his employer and helped the city clean up the zombies. Then as soon as they would have raised him a hero he split. The next city he wandered into he joined the local malita and helped clear a cave of goblins. Here he found a dagger similar to the one he already carries. Zekk has found multiple little items throughout his time as a wanderer that key to his family's murder. He takes all the odd jobs he can in hopes that something will lead him to his parents killer.

Appearance:
Zekk stands tall and muscular. He carries his scythe on his back and wears a hooded black cloak over his armor. He likes the looks on peoples faces when they think of him as some kind of Reaper figure. His hair is jet black and has very sharp features. His tan is deep due to his many years of travel and hard work on the farm. His arm bears a scythe and skull tattoo

Rayex

First Post
A little more flesh on my lovely little lizard;

Gnro grew up in a fairly small tribe. Her parents always insisted she was a blesses child, as she was the first child who grew beyond infancy in a long time. As she gre up, it became apparent that they were right. She was able to heal injuries that would have been fatal, and soon was given the privilege to learn from the tribes shaman.
The tutelage was short though. When the shaman came to realize that Grno was surpassing even him in the skills of the divine, he sent her on a "quest", to locate a sacred shrine of Semuanya. Dutyfully she left the tribe, and started her search. Soon she came in contact with other races. Humans, elves, dwarves, gnolls, ogres... the world is full of strange, ugly creatures, but she tries her best to befriend them, and help them in their need. Perhaps they might help her in return.

She is about 3 feet tall, usually emerald green (changes with her mood though), and wears leathers and a crude greatclub.

I want to keep her backstory fairly short, as she is still quite young. Also, her personality is as described earlier; A caring and loving little thing, but quite new in the outside world, and all the "big folk" is still kind of frightening. She tries her best though, and will do anything for her friends, even if it might putting herself on the line, if needed.

Malvoisin

First Post
Well, my friends, the time has come, and I'd like to welcome the following five players into the game......

Land Outcast - Tiefling Rogue/Ninja
Voadam - Elven Hexblade
Rayex - Poison Dusk Lizardfolk Favored Soul
Whizbang Dustyboots - Dwarf Barbarian
Phyrrus - Human Wizard

Thanks very much to all who expressed interest! This was a difficult decision, and a lot of the process just came down to personal preference issues. Best of luck to all those who were not selected. Stay tuned, just in case alternates are needed.

As to those who were selected, welcome! I think this should be a good group, and a party well-suited for the adventure at hand.

Up next, character creation guidelines.

Thanks!
Malvoisin

Last edited:

Land Outcast

Explorer
*caw*... tapping, rapping noise

"Yes, I foresee we'll get something out of this" -throws a dagger which lands with a "tuck!" at the door... ten centimeters from the center of the carved target-

the crow emits noises that are suspiciously similar to laugther

"Even if it is just come crow pie"

---------------------------------------

Ahoy, hello my friends, such an etherogeneous group we are

Malvoisin

First Post
Here are the basic character creation guidelines for this game.....

*4th level characters.
*Initial stats generated by 28 point buy. Don't forget racial modifiers and +1 level-up bonus.
*I will assign hit points.
*Please run by me for approval all feats, spells, and equipment, if non-core rules.
*Starting xp is 7000.
*Starting gp is 5500 for all equipment purchases, magical and mundane. No single item valued more than 1500 gp.

In addition to a complete character sheet, please include a well-detailed physical and personality description of your character.

Also, please include a background of some sort. The game is set in the world of Greyhawk, and backgrounds may reflect this if you wish. If are not familiar with Greyhawk, feel free to make up the background details as you see fit. The background need not (and should not) be a novel, but it should give some idea as to your character's motivation for the adventuring life. It should also reflect some of the adventuring experience that has led the character to advance to 4th level.

The background should also finish with your character arriving in the northern border town of Eru Tovar. Characters have come to this large frontier town at the behest of an aristocratic collector of antiquities named Arakk. Through employment postings, local contacts, or word of mouth, the characters have learned that Arakk seeks to sponsor an adventuring expedition into the Cold Marshes. While none of the PCs know Arakk personally, he has a reputation for paying very well for the retrieval of rare and obscure items. Interested persons are to meet with Arakk personally at the Wyvern's Sting Inn in Eru Tovar on Starday the 10th of Readying.

Let's have those character sheets, my friends. I'm eager to start! :D

I have undoubtedly left something out, so please give a holler with all your questions.

Thanks!
Malvoisin

Just thought I'd jump in here to ask Whizbang a quick question that, I'm sorry to say, has little to do with Fiend's Embrace itself...when the boards and db came back up the other day, I saved a copy of Baeril at 10th arcane caster level just in case you might have lost him. He was such a neat character that I'd been heartbroken to see him gone for posterity. Do you need and/or would you like Baeril's stats from what you posted in my CotSQ thread? If so, I will happily e-mail him to you.

Thanks and sorry to momentarily derail this thread from its normal course.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases