D&D 5E (OOC) Greenmtn's Planescape game

Greenmtn

Explorer
@mike peabody @Deus Machina
Your travel time will take about 30 minutes. Nothing terribly eventful happens during your walk. Other than following, and crossing groups of people and strange creatures the most interesting thing you see is a group of Dabus fixing a wall while a female creature with Wings and the lower half of a huge snake and a portly human man talking while watching them work.
I'll do my IC post later today or tomorrow morning, if you have a chance and want to banter while you walk that is awesome.

Lex's "headache" seems to lessen slightly as he walks.

mike peabody

First Post
[MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION]
Are you sure about the travel time? I picked the Black Wind because it was very close to the Hall of Records. Are the streets crazy busy?
No disagreement, I just wanted to be sure we meant the same place.

Greenmtn

Explorer
No worries. Things are open to discussion.

Using information from a few different sources here.
1. Normal movement is figured about 3 mph
2 This hex map scales everything at 1 mile per hex. https://drive.google.com/open?id=10XGKHrOC3spC0ftpZiD63rIsIpu3hnDi (30 hexes around for a 20 mile around city doesn't quite work but it makes the math nicer)
3. The map I found showing the location of the Black Wind puts it off Farrier Square on the edge of the Clerks and Guildhall wards (6 hexs away). If you can find any information hinting as to that location being wrong we can go with that (I think some things were just stuck spots that looked good as I'm not able to find exact locations for the Black Wind, we could move it and I could just add that to my notes if you like or we could retcon the post and you could take him to one of the 4 ,pubs, alehouses and taverns within a mile of the hall of records (Iron Heart, Iron Spittle, sullen Moon, Crooked Sword)
Should have included this before hand 100% my oversite, but here is the link to the map I am using for general locations. 99% of the time we will call this accurate. Please use your own judgement as to weather or not your character actually knows these locations. https://nether-whisper.ru/rp/planescape/map-of-sigil/

I would be happy to say that for our game the Black Wind is on Scholar Row to the East of the Hall of Information or we can see if any of the other 4 are not precisely located in the books and we can just switch them.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Looks like both the Black Wind and the Crooked Sword are arbitrarily placed on the map I am using. We could switch the two so that you had something much closer if you wanted. The other 3 I mentioned are all set up to cater to a certain clientele, not saying don't go there but you should know that the Sullen Moon caters to Tieflings and the Iron Heart and Iron Spittle cater to the Fated.

Let me know what you want to do. I'll hold off on my post til tonight and then just push forward if I haven't heard anything.

mike peabody

First Post
I will stick with the Black Wind. But the map I found was not this one and had placed it much closer. I will use this as my reference, going forward.

Thanks!

mike peabody

First Post
For anyone interested, I've been using a free app called "Fifth Edition Character Sheet" and it's been very useful. The icon in a green D20.
Easier for me to work with than a fillable doc, anyway, since I do most of this PbP on mobile devices.

Remove ads