• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Halfling Quest - [Calling EvilHalfling]

Ferrix

Explorer
Boddyknock, for the paladin's detect evil at will, I was thinking of a minor change to it.

Detect Evil (sp): The paladin is always under the effect of a detect evil spell, however only the first round of information is gained unless the paladin concentrates.

It gives you the ability to discern evil without having to spend time saying I detect evil. But still requires you to concentrate. This is a bit of a boost to the standard ability.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Kafkonia said:
It's a hobbitism. Right after second breakfast. :)

(Back to lurking...)

Hmm, yes, I did forget that reference. However, sadly, in this case it makes absolutely no sense used in that context. There is no food being involved anywhere. So, as I see it, this leaves two alternatives.

1) There is another meaning, of which I am not aware.

or

2) Boddynock is insane.

and I'm not willing to rule out #2 :D

Boddynock

First Post
Ferrix said:
Boddyknock, for the paladin's detect evil at will, I was thinking of a minor change to it.

Detect Evil (sp): The paladin is always under the effect of a detect evil spell, however only the first round of information is gained unless the paladin concentrates.

It gives you the ability to discern evil without having to spend time saying I detect evil. But still requires you to concentrate. This is a bit of a boost to the standard ability.
Sounds good - that way, if he needs more info, he'll have to concentrate to get it. Handy in the present situation, certainly!

'N

Boddynock

First Post
hafrogman said:
Hmm, yes, I did forget that reference. However, sadly, in this case it makes absolutely no sense used in that context. There is no food being involved anywhere. So, as I see it, this leaves two alternatives.

1) There is another meaning, of which I am not aware.

or

2) Boddynock is insane.

and I'm not willing to rule out #2 :D
Actually, neither premise is correct. The use of the term "elevenses" refers with wry irony to Jerran's decision to engage a potentially deadly individual in conversation. Such social interaction, caricatured in the propensity of halflings (known in another part of the multiverse as "hobbits") to engage in random acts of eating and drinking, frequently repeated, seems inappropriate to one who still bears the scars of a previous encounter. Hence Alton's reflection on the bard's actions. Still, Jerran is young, and so not yet au fait with the niceties of metaphor (despite his profession).

Ah well, such is life! ;)

'Nock

Remove ads