• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Horror High - Freshman Year

Herobizkit

Adventurer
To be fair, in this day and age, it's perfectly normal for kids to have smartphones. :3
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] given you went with Michelle Rodriguez, I'm guessing you take after our dad in the looks department :)

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
lol...I don't know what that means, exactly...

She seemed like a decent model for a tough, good looking latina. Granted, she's a tough sell for a 15 year old, buuuuuuuuut...artistic license. And I am afraid of what I'll find if I add '15 year old' to my search queries. :)

Herobizkit

Adventurer
@Macv12 Completely untrue post-Y2k; the teens always end up with No Service or Low Battery for tension.

@Shayuri Just saying Michelle's a lot, uh, rougher-looking than Paula Garces. :) Michelle's also the go-to I'd expect everyone to take for tough Latina; I knew who I was going to pick right away and it wasn't going to be Michelle. See, I told you I was the pretty one.

Note that Michelle is hot in her own right; your pic doesn't do her proper justice. Check out some Google search pics of her in "The Fast And The Furious" (2001) - she's 23. Or "Girlfight", where she's a year younger.

Attachments

• lyjixnxfaehtojdxyg1c.jpg
    lyjixnxfaehtojdxyg1c.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

Macv12

First Post
I'm including "phone is useless" in that. Unless monsters jam signals in an area around them, they'd pretty much always be available, and I recall that being why our DM didn't want to hand them out for free.

That would be interesting actually. Francis could never use a phone...talk about horror.

pathfinderq1

First Post
For Tasha, having a smartphone is less about how useful it will be in dealing with whatever predicaments we end up with and more about utility in her 'normal' life. She is definitely the type of person to look up random stuff that other people mention, and to use social media (within parental limits). and, well, it has a timer/alarm so she can remember her meds- keeping the voices quiet is a good thing, right?

As a nerd, she is genre-savvy enough to know that phones don't work when you need them most- and if you do try to take a picture of that thing, it will be blurry and fake-looking, like a bigfoot film.

Besides, it would just seem weird to me for a relatively savvy teenager in a town like Belmont to NOT have a smartphone, or at least a cellphone.

>On an unrelated note, it looks like the Sisters Reyes could break Tasha and Owen in half without blinking. I feel safer already. :cool:
("Hey Vazquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?"; Never miss an opportunity for an Aliens quote...)

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Fine, fine, everyone has a smartphone. :p Ya dang young'uns and you're newfangled contraptions anyway. (I, myself, do not have any sort of mobile communication device.)

pathfinderq1

First Post
I only have a basic cellphone (it was the most basic model available 5 years ago)- even that has a camera, though I never use it. I would have been happy to have only a landline, but when work and home are fifty miles apart, a more flexible communication rig is needed.

In general I am a bit of a Luddite, but my wife and friends are generally quite tech-savvy so I let them handle all the fancy "E-lectronic stuff"

Shayuri

First Post
Hm...she WAS pretty young looking in Girlfight. That didn't come up during the first run of searches. Thanks, I may use one of these instead. :)

Dunno about the cornrows...might work, I guess...

Remove ads