[OOC] House Millithor in City of the Spider Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thels

First Post
Hmm, I'm new to this, but I would like to give it a shot. I'd play Dariel as a Ranger with maybe a few levels in either Fighter or Rogue.

Do we use the Drow stats from the FRCS? If so, are we just gonna ignore the ECL 3 since we're all Drow, or do we have to calculate that in (so that total class level is 8)?

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
We're going to ignore the ECL since all of the characters are Drow. i.e. make Dariel a 10th level character. Use the rules from FRCS, i.e. SR = 11 + level, +2 dex, +2 int, +2 chr, -2 con, etc.

Thels said:
Hmm, I'm new to this, but I would like to give it a shot. I'd play Dariel as a Ranger with maybe a few levels in either Fighter or Rogue.

Do we use the Drow stats from the FRCS? If so, are we just gonna ignore the ECL 3 since we're all Drow, or do we have to calculate that in (so that total class level is 8)?

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
Using the basic 3ed rules is fine.

We will be using 3.5 rules when they come out, but for now using 3e is fine. If you know about a 3.5 feat or skill that you want to use (or ability, i.e. new 3.5 Ranger abiltiies), its ok to use those.

Raurth Snowfang said:
I'm creating the patron as i type, im making him a 6 wiz/6 rog,, using basic 3rd ed rules.. is that alright?

Xael

First Post
I have Quertus about ready, only his equipment (and because of that, some spells) is missing.

Endur

First Post
No house rules (other than things that are implementations of how to handle a D&D game through play by post, which I'm going to be very flexible on).

If you know of a difference between 3.0 and 3.5, you can use the 3.5 rule.

Initially nothing from Magic of Faerun or Races of Faerun. I might let some of that stuff in later on.

Equipment rules are added to the main post above.

Xael said:
Any house rules and/or 3.5 rules?

And can we use stuff from Magic of Faerun and/or Races of Faerun?

Last edited:

Prince Atom

Explorer
I'd be interested in playing Mackarius. Warrior, hmm?

Can't decide whether to be a fighter/ranger or a straight fighter.... Although I suppose, being CE, he could be a barbarian, but I'm not sure if that's appropriate given the setting.

When do you need to see a character sheet?

TWK

PS: I take it that's standard point buy, from the DMG?

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
Standard point buy from the DMG. No deadline yet on character sheet.

Barbarian wouldn't be appropriate to the setting. Fighter and Ranger are both appropriate to the setting. Also, as a Ranger, you can take favored enemy elf and it will apply to both surface elves as well as drow.

The Whiner Knight said:
I'd be interested in playing Mackarius. Warrior, hmm?

Can't decide whether to be a fighter/ranger or a straight fighter.... Although I suppose, being CE, he could be a barbarian, but I'm not sure if that's appropriate given the setting.

When do you need to see a character sheet?

TWK

PS: I take it that's standard point buy, from the DMG?

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
Endur said:
If you know of a difference between 3.0 and 3.5, you can use the 3.5 rule.

Even though my min-maxing instincts urge me to bring up the halved cost of writing spells to spellbooks, I also think that I'd rather not start picking the beneficial revisions up and leaving all the nerfing out. I'll just stick with 3.0 at the moment.

Edit: I ask the permission to use Eschew Materials feat though. Removes material components from spells if there's no cost listed to them.

Edit 2: How are hit points determined?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases