OOC - Krauss' Age of Worms Adventure Path [Full]

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Raging Epistaxis said:
I was under the impression that a cleric could be within one step of the alignment of the patron deity.

Dwarven defender must be Lawful, Kord is Chaotic Good, so a Lawful Good dwarf would work... No?
Up to the DM to allow or not. I'm fine either way, I have other ideas I can work up.

R E

Thanee is correct, LG is two steps away from CG. I'm not usually big on enforcing alignment restrictions, but in this case the two concepts seem rather disparate. It would be difficult IMO to pull off such a character while remaining true to the role-playing concepts (of the Kordite Cleric and the Dwarven Defender, respectively).

Still, if you have ideas about how to make it work, I'm open to hearing them.

Krauss von Espy

First Post
I've added more information about Diamond Lake, its history, and inhabitants in post #3. I'm hoping to be able to offer enough detail over the next few days to give the players some ideas as to how to integrate their characters' backgrounds into the setting.

Keep checking back for additional info.

Raging Epistaxis

First Post
:heh: Doh! :eek: Oh yeah, there is that pesky neutral category between there, isn't there...

Nevermind. That's what I get for staying up late and trying to think... and failing that DC miserably.

Ok. Working on plan B

I guess the simplest thing would be to switch to a Lawful diety. The most obvious would be Moradin, but I was wanting to stay away from being too stereotypical.

I'll edit my original submission later today. Gotta chase the kids right now.

R E

Last edited:

Ketjak

Malicious GM
I've never PbP'd before, but I'd really like to try.

If that's cool, I'm thinking about trying a druid for the first time. Human or Glori Kellebaum, halfling female, tends to "actively manage" nature - that is, assisting natural processes with hand and spell. On the orderly side of neutral with beneficent tendencies, though utterly intolerant of those who would destroy the environment. Ultimately her arrogance (she knows the best way to interfere with nature, after all) can mix with her intolerance to provide some interesting hooks for the dungeonmaster: she can either become a hard-edged champion of life or give into her cruel tendencies.

That's off the top of my head. Pure druid, perhaps prestiging into something nifty if there's a clear path (light or dark) when it's appropriate. I have no idea how career progression will go, though dragon armor fits into it pretty well. :)

Edit: added name and reference to background.

Last edited:

Raging Epistaxis

First Post
Updated my original post as well (#10) to remove alignment inconsistencies and shift backstory a little to reflect new deity.

[Embarrased] I still can't believe I made such a basic error. And then tried to defend it. :rolleyes: I'd hang my head in shame, go back, and delete all my posts if I could, except that I'd really like to play...[/Embarrased] ;)

R E

Raging Epistaxis

First Post
Yeah, I thought about Moradin, Pelor and St. Cuthbert. But I have an easier time fitting Moradin into what I envision for Azten than the other two.

I hate to go into a whole lot of detail since our illustrious (potential) DM said not to flesh out the backstory too much.

Thanks for trying to keep me straight... :cool:

R E

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Here we go. Hope I'm not too late I didn't see 5 players yet.

Kimrea: Male Human Rogue

Kimrea is a young man always down on his luck and his hand in someone elses pocket. Always with a scam and a quick wit and quick feet to get out of it the scam doesn't work. Never much for burglary or robbery, Kimrea likes con games and swindles.

A good looking fellow with a trusting face. Average height 5'11", short brown hair brown eyes, Always dresses in common clothes but has an eye for fancier.

Kimrea ultimate goal is to live among the rich and powerful. He hears of the people living in castles with servants and he wants it. Not willing to work hard for he always trys the easy road first.

Insight

Adventurer
I would love to play in this Adventure Path since I have next to zero chance to play it with my face to face group... I'm a little concerned about time, but I'm a big boy now - I can handle my own schedule without too much trouble. Since I'm already in another of the GM's PBP games, maybe it wouldn't be too difficult.

But here's a basic character concept.

Kath Tathgor
Half-Orc Barbarian (I'd like to use the Dragon Totem variant from UA)
I plan to have Kath alternate between Ranger and Barbarian, and perhaps throwing in some Half-Orc Paragon. Probably go for Frenzied Berserker as a Prestige Class later on.
Ability score wise, high ones would be Strength, Con, and Charisma. He's a huge physical specimen, and evokes quite a presence, though Kath is not terribly friendly or talkative. Kath is supremely confident, so that explains the Charisma.

Hailing from the Pomarj, Kath Tathgor is a member of the Dragon Warriors. This barbarian tribe from the central hills of the Pomarj is comprised of descendants from a group of Orcish and Human warriors who long ago agreed to serve a powerful dragon, whose name has been lost to history. Though originally based in a region known as the Drachengrabs (the Tomb of the Dragon), the Dragon Warriors have moved around the Pomarj before finally settling in the north near the Wild Coast.

Kath and his fellow barbarians have a strong tie to dragons, and have a strong oral tradition that keeps each new generation in line with their dragon-worshipping heritage. The Dragon Warriors even go so far as to teach everyone in the tribe the Draconic language in addition to either Common or Orcish (everyone in the tribe speaks Draconic, and either Common or Orcish).

So how did Kath find himself in Diamond Lake? The Dragon Warriors long ago entered into a baleful agreement with the Orcish rulers of the Pomarj, and because they had failed to live up to this agreement, a number of young Dragon Warriors (including Kath) were forced into slavery at the hands of the Orc warlords. Kath did not care for the life of a slave, and repeatedly tried to escape the clutches of his captors while traveling through the Wild Coast. Eventually, his masters tired of Kath's surliness, and sold the Half-Orc to an unscrupulous merchant, Balabar Smenk, in the small town of Diamond Lake. Kath now seeks to find a way to escape his bonds, and will do whatever it takes to earn his freedom.

Kath believes that the blood of dragons runs through his veins, and Kath knows that one day, he will realize his destiny and rule over the inferior beings he must deal with on a daily basis. For now, Kath is willing to work with other skilled beings in order to accomplish his goals, and hopes to eventually gain revenge on his former captors.

Fitting into the Game
This is an area that I think will work for Kath in spades. According to the intro, the characters need to have a financial motivation to want to leave Diamond Lake and square things. Kath, while not in debt to anyone, is a slave after all, and needs to free himself, so I believe that works well with the stated needs for the characters. Even if he can't be slave to one of the main NPCs (let me know if that's a problem), I can rework him so that he's a slave, indentured servant, whatever fits with what would be going on in Diamond Lake, and thus be in a position to be financially beholden to someone, and fit in with the stated character needs.

Last edited:

Remove ads