• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Pathfinder: Iron Gods

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hailey's connections:

Aja and Vander - If they are closely associated, they could have encountered Hailey as she was looking to see if anyone was intending to go investigate the caves. They could have met her while also staying at the Evercandle Inn since they are from out of town (at least I think they are). That would be a recent meeting.

Twist - He could have heard Hailey asking around about Khonnir and his discovery. While they might not have the same reasons for going to the caves (they probably were both vague about their reasons), they could have agreed to look for others together.

Pery - She could have met Hailey at the inn or potentially before. Hailey is a bit serious for too much silliness and probably would only tolerate Pery's presence if that is how she behaves (reference "bubbly" as I am not sure how that is looking to be played).

Olrich - (not sure where the background is) If he mentioned dislike of lunatic, power-hungry mages that want to rule the lands with robots, Hailey would be certainly willing to be friends with him upon meeting at a tavern/inn.

Zeta - ???

Btw, with holiday vacation coming I will be out of the country from 24-31 Dec. While normally I would be visiting relatives and have Internet along with some time to post, this year it is a tour package and we will be staying in various hotels as we move from city to city. So my smart phone Internet and laptop Wi-Fi capability are unknown.

Merry Christmas!

Shayuri

First Post
Alrighty! I have spent a lot of time thinking, and reviewing the other PCs, and thinking summore.

The result: Total redesign. My initial feel was that I wanted to play a skill-monkeyish ranged support-slash-sort-of-but-not-really-caster who used non-magical/technological abilities. That concept turned out to be both constrained, and constraining...good in a vacuum, but at odds with the rules given to us, and the rest of the party.

So now Zeta is an android, back to the guerrilla revolutionary android-rights activist. I dumped the 'I build high tech stuff' angle, since Twist has that covered, and scaled the skills to survivalist/stealth types, with some social skills needed to give some kind of semi-convincing ability to hide oneself and one's illegal activities. I took the Slayer class, as it really seemed to create a character who was good at the kind of skirmishing that I wanted Zeta to be good at; giving plenty of class options and a solid foundation of skill points, hit points, and combat ability to build from. I -may- multiclass into Gunslinger later, but at the start, Zeta does not use firearms. They are too loud, too obvious, and she was never trained in their use before her rebellion and escape.

Seriously considered Brawler too, cuz I like the unarmed attack angle, but some of its mechanics strike me as being a little too confusing.

So anyway! Sheet is still in development, but as far as social connections go:

Any PC who follows local news might have heard something about the outlaw Zeta, who is wanted by the Technologist League for acts of terrorism, sedition, subversion, barbarism, and...there's a list somewhere. It's pretty big. At 1st level, it's unlikely her exploits are -big- news, but there could be some talk to those with their ears to the ground.

Zeta wears a mask when fighting the good fight, and otherwise pretends to be just an ordinary (albeit oppressed) android citizen of Torch. If there is such a thing. I'm thinking she might work at an inn by day, which would put her in a position to mingle with other PCs who may not 'click' with her freedom fighting alter ego.

Twist, I'm thinking there's room for quite a partnership between our PCs...either to begin with, or over time. Twist's technical skills would be of interest to Zeta, and Zeta being an android might be of interest to Twist. Add to that, Zeta is capable in combat and both in and out of cities, making her a good companion for a ratling on the go.

Graybeard

Explorer
Added a little more to Vzndor's background and PC connections. For Hailey I just listed that they first met at the store and later at the Inn. He was curious and asked about her occupation and weapons.

For Aja, I am still working on developing the nature of their friendship.

Shayuri said:
Twist, I'm thinking there's room for quite a partnership between our PCs...either to begin with, or over time. Twist's technical skills would be of interest to Zeta, and Zeta being an android might be of interest to Twist. Add to that, Zeta is capable in combat and both in and out of cities, making her a good companion for a ratling on the go.
Sounds good. Glad to hear you reverted to Android...Twist will be enamored with Zeta purely because she's The Ultimate Shiny. Twist follows the local news, so he would know Zeta's an outlaw, and he would've sought her out, followed her around, scurried after her, etc.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hailey's connections:

Aja and Vander - If they are closely associated, they could have encountered Hailey as she was looking to see if anyone was intending to go investigate the caves. They could have met her while also staying at the Evercandle Inn since they are from out of town (at least I think they are). That would be a recent meeting.

Twist - He could have heard Hailey asking around about Khonnir and his discovery. While they might not have the same reasons for going to the caves (they probably were both vague about their reasons), they could have agreed to look for others together.

Pery - She could have met Hailey at the inn or potentially before. Hailey is a bit serious for too much silliness and probably would only tolerate Pery's presence if that is how she behaves (reference "bubbly" as I am not sure how that is looking to be played).

Olrich - (not sure where the background is) If he mentioned dislike of lunatic, power-hungry mages that want to rule the lands with robots, Hailey would be certainly willing to be friends with him upon meeting at a tavern/inn.

Zeta - Similar to Olrich in if she heard about Zeta's exploits to not tolerate lunatic, power-hungry mages she would find common interests with the insurgent android. But the android bit might cause her some mistrust, thinking Zeta might be a robot.

G

Guest 11456

Rogues' Gallery thread is up here. Please place your finished characters there using the format already mentioned in this thread. I will begin the final review once characters start showing up there.

Kaodi

Hero
Mine is good to go. Have both the regular background and the connections part locked in too, and remembered to substitute Zeta for Deezy Klatta in the latter.

Shayuri

First Post
Going to throw this up here so I can get it finalized and make sure I correct any errors before posting to the RG. Zeta is now a little rangery, not a huge damage dealer or tank, but is mobile and good at scouting and ambushing. I am considering either doing a gunslinger level, or possibly getting the rogue talent that allows firearm use, later on. We will see!

[sblock]INFORMATION
Name: Zeta
Player: Shayuri
Race: Android
Class: Slayer (ACG)
Level: 1
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Languages: Common, Hallit
Deity: None
Size: Medium
Height: 5' 8""
Weight: 150#
Hair Color: Pale blue
Eye Color: Dull red
Skin Color: Pale

ABILITIES
Str: 14 +2 (5 points)
Dex: 18 +4 (10 points, +2 racial)
Con: 14 +2 (5 points)
Int: 12 +1 (0 points, + 2 racial)
Wis: 16 +3 (10 points)
Cha: 10 +0 (2 points, -2 racial)

COMBAT
HP: 12 [d10, +2 Con]
AC: 16 [10 base, +4 Dex, +2 armor]
AC Touch: 14 [10 base, +4 Dex]
Flatfooted: 12 [10 base, +2 armor]
Init: +6 [4 Dex, +2 trait]
CMB: +3 [1 BAB, +2 Str]
CMD: 17 [10 base, +1 BAB, +2 Str, +4 Dex]
Fortitude: +4 [2 base, +2 Con]
Reflex: +6 [2 base, +4 Dex]
Will: +3 [0 base, +3 Wis]
Speed: 30'

WEAPON
Rapier: Attack: +5 [1 BAB, +4 Dex], Damage: 1d6+2, Crit: 18-20/x2, Type: P
Longbow: Attack: +5 [1 BAB, +4 Dex], Damage: 1d8, Crit: x3, Type: P, Range: 100'

ARMOR
Leather: AC: +2, MDB +6, ACP: -0

RACIAL
Android
Humanoid and Construct type
+2 Int, +2 Dex, -2 Cha
+2 Perception, -4 Sense Motive
+4 to save vs mind-affecting effects, paralysis, poison, and stun effects
Immune to fatigue, exhaustion, disease and sleep effects
Nanite surge: 1/day as immediate action add 3+lvl to any d20 roll
Favored Class: Slayer
- +1 skill point

CLASS: Slayer
Armor/Weapons: All simple, martial weapons. Light armor, medium armor, shields.
Studied Target (+1 Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, Survival, atk and dmg against single target that is 'studied' as a move action)
Track (+1/2 lvl to Survival rolls to track)

FEATS
Technologist (1st)

TRAITS
Against the Technic League (+2 dmg against targets associated with the League)
Reactionary {APG} - gain a +2 trait bonus on Initiative checks

SKILLS 8 [6 base, +1 Int, +1 FC]
Acrobatics +8 (1 rnk + 4 Dex + 3 class)
Bluff +4 (1 rnk + 0 cha + 3 class)
Disguise +4 (1 rnk + 0 cha + 3 class)
Knowledge: Local +5 (1 rnk + 1 int + 3 class)
Perception +9 (1 rnk + 3 wis + 3 class + 2 race)
Sense Motive +3 (1 rnk + 3 wis + 3 class -4 race)
Stealth +8 (1 rnk + 4 dex + 3 class)
Survival +7 (1 rnk + 3 wis + 3 class)

CARRYING CAPACITY
Light: 58#
Medium: 116#
Heavy: 175#

EQUIPMENT
Weapons -
Rapier, +5 to hit, 1d6+2 dmg, 18-20/x2, 2lbs, 20gp
Longbow, +5 to hit, 1d8 dmg, 20/x3, 3lbs, 75gp
20 arrows, 3lb, 1gp

Armour -
Leather Armor, +2 AC, maxDex +6, ACP 0, 10gp, 15lbs
Traveller's clothes

Gear -
Backpack, 2lbs, 2gp
2 belt pouches, 1lb, 2gp
Bedroll, 5lbs, 5sp
Waterskin, 4lbs, 1gp
50' silk rope, 5lbs, 10gp
Disguise Kit, 8lbs, 50gp
Flash Powder (APG), 50gp
Scent Cloak (UE), 20gp
2 Smokesticks, 40gp
Glowing Ink, 5gp
2 Acid, 2lbs, 20gp

FINANCES: 3gp 5sp

Appearance:
[sblock]Zeta has the appearance of a young humanoid woman in her late teens to early twenties at first glance. More study quickly finds the differences in her pale skin and strange faded blue hair. Her eyes are a dark, sullen red shade, and small blue lines like tattoos crisscross her skin in odd, angular formations. She is small for her mass, being made of stuff that is overall denser than human flesh, and considerably stronger than she looks though still well within human norms. Zeta dresses in layers, usually with a concealing outer layer that can easily and quickly be discarded like a large cloak cloak or coat or poncho with a wide-brimmed hat, and an inner layer of lighter, easier to move in clothing.[/sblock]

Background:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads