• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Pool of Radiance

Thanee

First Post
Hey Leif,

one minor glitch... Emagor cannot know about the "Mantor's Library" mission.

In fact, the name "Mantor's Library" is probably entirely unknown to him at this point. ;)

It's mostly my fault, though, since you cannot really know that, as the missions are not labeled as such.

So, for your understanding...

The missions posted in the INFO thread are a collection of both missions posted by the council of New Phlan at the very board your chars are looking at currently... those typically start with some big word introductions making clear they are from the council.

Specifically, right now, the missions posted there are:

• Block Clearing
  • Kobold Bands
  • Barren River
  • History Lesson
  • Valhingen Graveyard II

The other two (not yet completed missions) also say where the party got them from, BTW.

The mission "headlines" are not really posted there, that's just to make it easier to identify them.

Also, the completed missions are not on display there, anymore (they are just kept in the thread for convenience and to keep track of what happened).

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Ok, sorry for my error. I'm not entirely certain that I fully understand everything in what you just said, but I'll try to correct my post. (Will removing any mention of Mantor's Library from it be sufficient to do that?)

Thanee

First Post
Yep, I guess. :)

To explain...

The party came to Phlan... they did some missions, one of which involved them to get out to the small island keep in front of the city (see map in INFO thread), Sokol Keep. There they met a ghost, who was the former high priest of the city at the time it was overrun a few decades ago. He told them of Mantor's Library, and this was the only mentioning of it so far.

To head there and find out more about what has happened back then (since it might be related to what still occupies the city at this point) was pointed out by said ghost priest.

The mission listed in the INFO thread is the reminder of what the priest had said, and as such, obviously, only known to those who were at Sokol Keep at that time.

Did that help to clear things up a bit? :)

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
If you want to leave the interest in books in your post, as it certainly made sense in general, you could easily just refer to the council's wish to acquire written information about the history of Phlan (i.e. the mission labeled "History Lesson"), but also point out, that you wouldn't know where in particular to look for such.

Then you will likely soon hear about Mantor's Library to put you on a level with the rest in that regard... ;)

Bye
Thanee

Leif

Adventurer
Ok, thanks, Thanee! I think I'm beginning to get it now. The "Mantor's Library" 'mission' in the thread is just sort of a fancy was of saying, 'hey, remember all that stuff that you heard from the ghost priest in Sokol Keep?' Is that maybe a slightly correct interpretation of what you said?

(Forgive me for this, but I can tell that I'm stressing you out a little bit, because the more excited you get, the worse your english becomes. hehehehe)

Thanee

First Post
Yep, that's pretty much a perfect interpretation of what I meant. :D

The term "mission" also refers to (mostly) small parts of the game that could be pursued individually.
Most "missions" will lead to a specific part of Phlan (or back to one, like "Valhingen Graveyard II").

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
It ain't my fault this time! I had a nice, concise post written, but my arm was twisted until I added more and more to it, and explained everything in tedious detail!

:angel:

Sorry for the little inconvenience caused... just thought it would make sense, and after you removed half the post I felt that it might have been a bit much, since it was just that tiny bit being out of place. ;)

Bye
Thanee

Leif

Adventurer
:angel:

Sorry for the little inconvenience caused... just thought it would make sense, and after you removed half the post I felt that it might have been a bit much, since it was just that tiny bit being out of place. ;)

Bye
Thanee
No inconvenience at all! I was just trying to add a little (very little) humor to the situation.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads